Timing belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing belt

Might seem an odd question but are the timing belt and cam belt the same thing?

My 1997 Hylo has a tick against the timing belt changed in it's service history at 36572 mileage but according to all my receipts I had with it it does not seem to have undergone a big major job at the time. It is now approaching 57000 and an MOT in April and wonder if I should be changing it and does this involve the pump and the full works?

Thanks in advance

Di

Change belt and idler wheels, water pump if suspect BUT DO IT NOW!!!!

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Scruffandco View Post
      Might seem an odd question but are the timing belt and cam belt the same thing?

My 1997 Hylo has a tick against the timing belt changed in it's service history at 36572 mileage but according to all my receipts I had with it it does not seem to have undergone a big major job at the time. It is now approaching 57000 and an MOT in April and wonder if I should be changing it and does this involve the pump and the full works?

Thanks in advance

Di
      Timing belt and cambelt are synonyms for the same thing. Whichever your vehicle handbook calls it do not try to stretch the recommended time until more convenient. And prudently change it earlier as insurance against possible much larger bills if it fails.
      Jim
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X