Fuel sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel sender

Fuel gauge on my C15 is stuck at approx half way. Suspect the sender is at fault. Anyone changed one? Can you access from inside the van or do you have to drop the fuel tank.

Thanks Coopes

Originally posted by cooperman View Post
    Fuel gauge on my C15 is stuck at approx half way.
    Until I read this post I'd completely forgotten that I had this problem once. It has obviously fixed itself - like you say, it's probably a stuck sender unit.

Why not drive it till the fuel is low then fill it up, a couple of times. You might get lucky too (watch the mileage when the fuel is low, though).

Comment

Originally posted by cooperman View Post
      Fuel gauge on my C15 is stuck at approx half way. Suspect the sender is at fault. Anyone changed one? Can you access from inside the van or do you have to drop the fuel tank.

Thanks Coopes
      Had this happen on a previous van,the sender unit can be replaced but you need to drop the fuel tank to get at the tank inlet,usually ontop, ask Ant he will know for sure.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thanks guys,needed to drop the tank as you said.
        Spare sender on it's way.

Thanks

Coopes

Comment

Ideal time to flush and clean the tank out of all the dirt, too, of course.
          Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

Not too straight forward as it may appear, you need to remove the exhaust and the filler neck which is tricky on some C15s

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X