Can I remount onto a Suzuki?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I remount onto a Suzuki?

You seem to be quite knowledgable in these things. Can you tell me if a daihatsu hijet romahome demountable would fit on a suzuki pickup. They look the same size but................Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Laura

Hope you don't mind me moving your post into a new thread, I think you will probably get more replies this way.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by lauramcgaw View Post
      You seem to be quite knowledgable in these things. Can you tell me if a daihatsu hijet romahome demountable would fit on a suzuki pickup. They look the same size but................Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Laura
      Hi Laura

I think I am right in saying that they are interchangeable ...the vehicles, that is. We have a demountable on a 2004 Suzuki Carry, the pod being about 1986, I think. Someone on here will probably tell you what vehicle they were originally mounted on, but I am not sure.

Hope you get lots of useful replies.

Comment

Just remembered, I think they were originally on the Bedford Rascal.

Comment

It can be remounted on a suzuki .. (but why are you taking it off the hi-jet? )

My pod was originally on a honda acty and I have just mounted mine onto a hi-jet.

The thing you will need to check is where the mounting plates are and if they line up. Also during mounting to the hi-jet I had to remove the engine bay cover and remove one of the nut lugs.

Also what is the depth of the bumps on the flat bed of a suzuki? Will you need to add or subtract spacers on the mounting lugs...

Sorry just typing a few things that I can think of that you will need to consider in a remount.
          I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
          http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Not changing vehicles at the moment but van is much older than romahome so just looking ahead. Thanks with all information.

Comment

most of them will fit as where designed for rascals. The only one that you have to mod are hi jet unless you have a new columbus conversion what i have been told is they fit hijet.

Comment

I thought that the Columbus was the coachbuilt copy of the Romahome by JCleisure, it so it is not a demountable.

Peter

Comment

On our demountable pod the moulded Panel has the name Daihatsu moulded into it so they were made for various vans and not only Bedford Rascals.
                  We have mounted on an 53 Suzuki at weekends and we use a fibreglass Luton pod with a roll shutter back for work.
                  I devised four sliding bolt type pins and brackets to attach the pod so we don't have to muck about with nuts bolts and plates. It sits slightly higher on a sheet of plywood fitted to the flat-bed of the pick-up but lines up with the underside of the roof of the Suzuki cab..
                  It doesn't quite fit as snugly to the back of the bulkhead, as the Suzuki must be about an inch wider than the Daihstsu and it doesn't wrap around but touches the back, so i permanently blocked it the front moulded removable hatch panel and made a smaller fixed window to suit the Suzuki.
                  When we demount it we don't have to worry about fitting the blanking off hatch panel any more.

Comment

I Stand Corrected

Just looked at photo's of our pod and the name was Honda

Is this the start of oldtimer's

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X