Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fitting a headlamp for c15 1996

Hi all,

We need to replace our headlamp unit on our citroen c15. any instruction or tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    simon

Hi Simon.
    You'll find a flat metal slide clip on one of the top fasteners( the one that adjusts the light height), slide it out, then just yank the light out straight ahead. You'll need to give it a good jerk to get it to let go. When fitting the new light put some grease on the ball ends of the fittings. You'll probably have to get a new bulb as well, the older lights are not available and the replacements come with different bulb fittings.
    Ant

Comment

thanks Ant ...really appreciate that...v. helpful

Comment

My left headlamp had water in it so I went to work on the thing. I squirted a little oil into the ball joints, work it back and forth a few times them gave it a yank out.

I found if the rubber grommits are not put in securely they'll allow water in over time when it rains. I dried it all out then lined the joints up and then pushed it all together again.

Apart from the hole in the passenger cill I need to remake and an oil leak I wonder what else I'm gonna find.

Comment

Headlamps c15

Hi All, I've got the same problem with one of my headlamps so I think ill be getting the mig welder out again, just when I thought I was all set for the next mot. !! Seems we are all on a journey with the c15 lol

As a matter of interest I take my vehicle to a chain of test centers that operate on a no pass no fee, they test 12hrs a 7 days a week they are not looking for work and I found them very fair. They do charge the full fee however. They trade as Motest. Worth checking if they have a nearby branch.
          Happy new to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post

As a matter of interest I take my vehicle to a chain of test centers that operate on a no pass no fee, they test 12hrs a 7 days a week they are not looking for work and I found them very fair. They do charge the full fee however. They trade as Motest. Worth checking if they have a nearby branch.
            Cheers Tony always good to have personal recommendations of good service.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X