HDi engine dipstick lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDi engine dipstick lifting

After repeated checks under the bonnet and finding the oil dipstick had lifted from its tube by about an inch, a little research revealed that this is due to broken engine cover mountings. These are the rubber posts under the four circular clips so a quick visit to the dealer has now sorted the problem. Luckily these were in stock and by the time I had paid for them a kind fitter had them duly installed with no extra charge. I was also told that, if left, the cover can also damage the hydaulic line with possible loss of fluid.
    Moral of the story... don't ignore a rising dipstick!
    Happy Camping to all

hi

Originally posted by Micksmix View Post
    After repeated checks under the bonnet and finding the oil dipstick had lifted from its tube by about an inch, a little research revealed that this is due to broken engine cover mountings. These are the rubber posts under the four circular clips so a quick visit to the dealer has now sorted the problem. Luckily these were in stock and by the time I had paid for them a kind fitter had them duly installed with no extra charge. I was also told that, if left, the cover can also damage the hydaulic line with possible loss of fluid.
    Moral of the story... don't ignore a rising dipstick!
    Happy Camping to all
    hi we had the same thing on hows diggdeep

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X