Romahome Duo year 2000 Cruising Speed and Burnt out Exhaust Tailpiece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome Duo year 2000 Cruising Speed and Burnt out Exhaust Tailpiece

Hiya, i'm a virgin at this - so please forgive any errors etc. We've just bought a January 2000 Romahome Duo, it seems to want to cruise at 60mph (which is fair enough) but you have to keep your foot right down to get it to creep up to 70? i've noticed that that exhaust tail pipe has a large burnt out hole on the curve, so exhaust comes out of both (the milage guage say 54,010) is this normal?

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like you need a new exhaust! A hole in the exhaust will affect performance, speed and also your fuel consumption will be much higher. If you have bought this from a dealer and have a warranty you might be able to get a free replacement. I don't think the back bit of an exhaust is that expensive to replace though.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be along soon to help you out on this one.

Comment

I have a similar vehicle and it cruises happily between 60 and 70ish but without pressing far on the pedal. As a new owner you will have teething problems to sort out and I would check air filter first and probably replace the tailpipe for a start -

Comment

You might have one of 2 engines, 1905cc XUD or 1868 DW8, the first one has less emmisions paraphanlia and goes much better, we have 2007 Berlingo with the 1868 and our old car was a 2000 with the same engine, they will do 70+ if you persevere, but it is better to learn to drive in a more relaxed manner.

We have just rerurned home to Lancashire from Sheffield via the M62 and we have travelled at just over 60 mph. I just set the cruise control and relax.

Last November we returned home from Paris a journey of 500+miles and a tunnel crossing plus hypermarket shopping in France, in one day. We dont often do journeys like that but it is possible.

Peter

Comment

Yep mine cruises at about 60 - will do 70 but not uphill!
          Exhaust should be ok if the hole is after the back box. I think the originals had an extension piece welded on it might be gone there?
          Back box circa £30 from Eurocarparts plus fitting at a garage to replace, might be wise if it's on it's way out.

Comment

This dates back to Jan 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Sidick View Post
              This dates back to Jan 2013
              You'll have to excuse llywelyn1984 as he is young (and Welsh)...
              Too old to know everything!

Comment

oh i have no idea what i was doing, it's been a long day involving dreaded estate agents and their flannel.

On the welsh part - im definatley Welsh, but my mother is from the midlands. When i got married my wife, welsh, found it amusing that one half of my family spoke like English people. If i had heritage from any other country, say france, britanny, spain, norway, basque country, id be allowed to celebrate it, but because it's english i have to hide it, like a bad smell. My brother who lives in tewkesbury is know locally as Welsh Malcolm, but has actually lived in England longer than Wales?
                On holiday we had to go through the old routine, Are you english? We have come from Wales (a line i invented as im only 2/3rds welsh, but no one wants to say british and then considered to be english!)...french scratch their heads for a moment, "ah pay de galles, Rugby, Ryan giggs, ah Welsh".

In flintshire they send their children to Chester hospital if they want them to be English and Wrexham if they want the child to be welsh!

Last edited by llywelyn1984; 25-04-2019, 17:29.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X