As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems uploading photos from mobile phone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Problems uploading photos from mobile phone

    I cannot get the pic's from my phone camera to upload onto my laptop!

    A pop up message appears stating that there is a PC cable error, so I bought a new (genuine Nokia) one, but it still didn't work, so then I uninstalled the Nokia software and downloaded it afresh from Nokia's UK website.

    Only to get the same pop up message!

    The guy's at my local PC repair shop couldn't get it to work either, nor explain why it won't, even after I bought a new, genuine cable off them too!

    Hence my use of online pics (somewhat ironic as I have 700+ on my phone!).

    #2
    Originally posted by Cal View Post
    I cannot get the pic's from my phone camera to upload onto my laptop!
    OK, here's a workaround - not because it's hugely important that we get to see a pic of your stove but because it would be a shame to lose all of your pictures if anything happened to your phone.

    You can get sim card backup devices. It's just a USB card reader but for sim-sized cards instead of the more usual SD etc - loads of them on eBay or Amazon. You could take the sim card out of your phone, put it in the card reader and get all your pictures onto the laptop that way.

    Plus, you get the bonus of having a separate record of all your contacts too.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by paul View Post

      OK, here's a workaround - not because it's hugely important that we get to see a pic of your stove but because it would be a shame to lose all of your pictures if anything happened to your phone.

      You can get sim card backup devices. It's just a USB card reader but for sim-sized cards instead of the more usual SD etc - loads of them on eBay or Amazon. You could take the sim card out of your phone, put it in the card reader and get all your pictures onto the laptop that way.

      Plus, you get the bonus of having a separate record of all your contacts too.
      Thanks for that info Paul, do you know if this will work with the majority of older phones? The reason I ask is that we have a Nokia that belonged to my late mother in law and we have been unable to recover the photo's from it despite buying a genuine data cable and trying various Nokia softwares. I just assumed the photos were stored on the phone itself rather than the sim.
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by glenw View Post
        Thanks for that info Paul, do you know if this will work with the majority of older phones? The reason I ask is that we have a Nokia that belonged to my late mother in law and we have been unable to recover the photo's from it despite buying a genuine data cable and trying various Nokia softwares. I just assumed the photos were stored on the phone itself rather than the sim.
        I couldn't really say. I suppose I didn't really consider all the different variations before dashing off my reply.

        The only Nokia I've ever owned was a long time ago but I remember that the user could choose where to store pictures and could move them between sim and phone. If your photos are on the phone it would probably be worth looking at the user manual and you may well find that you can transfer them to the sim and then you could try the sim reader to recover them.

        BTW, I dug out the old pdf of my user manual and was surprised to see that the phone had infrared connectivity as well as cable. It might be possible to connect your phone to the laptop with IR.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Cal View Post
          I cannot get the pic's from my phone camera to upload onto my laptop!

          A pop up message appears stating that there is a PC cable error, so I bought a new (genuine Nokia) one, but it still didn't work, so then I uninstalled the Nokia software and downloaded it afresh from Nokia's UK website.

          Only to get the same pop up message!

          The guy's at my local PC repair shop couldn't get it to work either, nor explain why it won't, even after I bought a new, genuine cable off them too!

          Hence my use of online pics (somewhat ironic as I have 700+ on my phone!).
          Just an idea.... if you want to transfer a few photos from your phone to the computer.....email them to yourself using your phone, then open the email on your laptop and save them in your photo albums for later use...bit of a pain but at least you can use them that way.

          Comment


            #6
            I have to admit to having a bit of a technological vacuum at how to do that, as my cell phone is not connected to the web, I simply use it for calls, texts and as a camera.

            I've sent photo's to friend's cell phones so perhaps I could get someone to upload images I send them (to their email account), then email them to me.

            Thank you for that idea.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Cal View Post
              I have to admit to having a bit of a technological vacuum at how to do that, as my cell phone is not connected to the web, I simply use it for calls, texts and as a camera.

              I've sent photo's to friend's cell phones so perhaps I could get someone to upload images I send them (to their email account), then email them to me.

              Thank you for that idea.
              Ahhh yes without your phone being connected to the Internet that idea won't work but asking a friend to email them to you will definitely work...you SMS to them, they email to you and hey presto they are on your computer. Mind you it depends how much you pay for texts, you don't want to go racking up a huge bill. Hope you work something out.

              Comment

              320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

              Collapse

              728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

              Collapse
              Working...
              X