Seatbelt webbing replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seatbelt webbing replacement

I've googled and sat on the phone for hours trying to find a company who will replace the webbing of my seatbelts. Last year I used an excellent company (Seatbelt Service) who replaced one, but unfortunately the pesky dog has chewed all 4. I could go back to them again but they're in London and it's a 3 hr drive. Can anyone recommend anyone else who will do this for me? I'm in north midlands/south yorks sort of area.

I've spoken to local garages, including my regular one, and there's much sucking in of air, head shaking, humming and harring and they seem to suggest the whole seatbelt unit would need replacing, not just the webbing, and they would need ordering, and would take weeks, and need to come from Japan by boat, and we'd need to keep your car for days etc etc. Can't understand why one company can do it but no others.

Can anyone help please? It's a Stepwagon by the way.

Thanks - and the dog gets crated from now on!!!

Jan

When we were considering fitting seatbelts in the rear of our van, we contacted seatbelt services in London. They did say that they come up north every month or so, I think to Derby or Nottingham, and would be willing to fit the belts for us there if the dates suited. In the end, we didn't go ahead with the plans but it might be worth giving them a bell and seeing if they can help.
    Otherwise, I did find a company over Machester way that fitted seatbelts, I'll see if I can find out their details.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

The company Manchester way is here, they are actually in Stockport and their website doesn't mention repairs but it might be worth a phonecall?? Other than that, I have only found securon, quickfitsbs, both of which I know you are aware of (I found your threads on MSE etc!!!) there is also fdts and safety belts services. All of them are 'dahn sarf' i'm afraid.

You could try wellhouse leisure. They import stepwagons so may have contacts that can help? They are in Huddersfield.
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Could be totally wrong - but I have a feeling that if you fit webbing yourself - it may well invalidate insurance as normally seatbelts have a 'tag or label' indicating their safety test/compliance.

I would have a google on legislations before attempting a self repair

Comment

You are right g30rge, whilst I was looking yesterday there were loads of threads/info about the legalities of changing webbing etc. I know Jan has read it all already, the same question has been posted on a few other forum!!
          From what I gather, you can't change the webbing yourself, it has to be a full sealtbelt change BUT a couple of companies are advertising doing a repair service not selling the webbing to do a DIY job.

Comment

Just to say that Seatbelt Services http://www.seatbeltservice.co.uk/ are wonderful, my total heroes!! I drove to London, met them at a service station carpark which was as close as they could get to me without me incurring large costs for their travel, they replaced the seatbelt webbing and there we go. Nice drive back up M1, perfect.

They do come up to the Midlands now and then, however I couldn't wait till their next scheduled visit.

The van's been MOT'd and found to be perfectly safe and legal. Thank you sbs! I wonder why there aren't other firms that do this, there are a couple in London and that's all.

Thanks for the advice folks, though the realisation that I have a net stalker rather threw me!

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by jan View Post
              though the realisation that I have a net stalker rather threw me!

Jan

Sorry bout that Jan - I wasn't really stalking you, I was googling on your behalf and found your posts elsewhere. Glad seatbeltservices were as good as they sounded, they were very helpful on the phone when we were thinking about having rear seatbelts fitted and its worth hearing 1st hand from someone who recommends them!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X