Rear light clusters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear light clusters

Hi everyone! MOT time soon. The ancient camper has decided not to light one of the stop lights (drivers side). A 5 min job I thought. However after 3 bulbs later, things got worse. Ended up taking off the clusters. A quick squeeze of the tabs and all the wiring is visible. I believe both clusters are identical and then swapped them. They were last looked at when the van was built! Things went on and off indicators would flash when the rear lights were on, weird stuff. Disconnecting the earths made no difference! Seem to have some semblance of normal action now - but no brake lights on the driver's side. I am at one of three points now. One of the clusters is considerably worse than the other - I think I want to replace. I have had a good search for a replacement, but can't find any. I might take all the connections off and renew them. But will the wrap-around newer versions fit with some jiggery pokery. More concerned about the wiring than cutting fibreglass will the wiring connect up. Thoughts anyone?