X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Motorhomeing

Hello everyone.
    Am the excited owner of an 09 used R20 Outlook. Very lucky to find one by all accounts!
    This site is so informative and helped greatly with my decision making so thank you.
    Off for the first time at the weekend, will probably spend most of Saturday putting up the drive away awning or attempting to.

Hi Harper,
    Good choice and welcome!
    Awnings may be a pain to put up until you are used to them but boy are they useful, you will love your outfit.
    Ask as many daft questios as you like, we all did/do and someone usually knows the answer.

Happy camping!
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hello Harper

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your purchase, I bet you can't wait for Saturday, hope the weather stays fine for you.

Glad you like the forum and have found it a help. Let us know how you are getting on with your van, as Ian says there are no silly questions so fire away if you get any problems.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello Harper

Welcome and congratulations on your new van. I do hope you have a great weekend and come back here to tell us all about it.

Pema Lily

Comment

Hi from me too!

Have a lovely weekend and come back and tell us all about it!

Comment

Welcome

I've just ordered a utility tent, so I'd be grateful if you could make all the silly mistakes for me, and then let me know how not to put these things up

Seriously, have a good weekend and I hope the awning is a doddle (am I being a bit too optimistic?)
            Neil

Comment

Welcome to motorhoming Harper and hope you'll have many happy holidays, and days out, ahead of you. Mary
              :sunshine:

Comment

Hi

Hi and Welcome to a lovely group
                Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

hello from me too, have a lovely weekend. I'm sure no-one will at you putting up your awning!! We all had to start somewhere. We are going to attempt putting up an outhouse later!!!! In our garden so no-one will see us!!!!!!! Don't forget some photos
                  Jessie

Comment

Hi from me too, happy camping, still having fun with my awning, still on a learning curvebut love it, post some pictures.
                    Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                    'Live without regrets'

Comment

Great Maiden Trip

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
                      Had a lovely weekend only about 45 mins away from us just north of Pickering. What a natty little van and so easy to drive. Went with full drinking water tank and full flushing tank in the loo as a first experiment, won't do that again as I felt it made it too tail heavy.
                      Struggled getting the loo in and out with the door arrangement and thought there must be a better way as the van is so 'natty' and lo and behold the loo door lifts out, I must have missed that in the manuel, making things so much easier.
                      The awning wasn't too difficult, it took about an hour on the first attempt a lot of which was actually looking at it and head sratching! A tall strong man could probably do it solo but I am a short granny and couldn't. I will attempt to attach a couple of pics one showing cosy inner tent, it isnt pegged out totally as this was a trial run but it stayed up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable maiden outing, Harper! Thanks for posting the photos, it does indeed look a natty ensemble.

Your mention of Pickering takes me back, haven't been to that area since I was a school girl nearly 30 years ago. I must put it on my list of places to go.

Can I ask what vital thing you didn't take with you this time but would pack next trip? I'm making a list, and am interested to find out what other small motorhomers find they might have missed but wouldn't be without.

Pema Lily

Comment

Forgotten Things

Hi Pema Lily
                          The one essential that we didn't have with us, as we had forgotten about it from our caravanning days, was a small lightweight folding trolley to transport the toilet cassette to the emptying point - these are too heavy these days. As the driver's seat is fairly far forward it slips behind that in transit.
                          We have also bought some little rubber wedges to stop the blinds rattling. Bits of non slip matting are good too. Two things we did have but to us are essential are wet wipes and kitchen roll.
                          Hope that is helpful.Happy days

Comment

Thanks a lot for all those helpful suggestions, Harper. They are all going on The List. I already have a little folding trolley, I use it to help me bring the full gas bottle into the kitchen at my house. It really takes the struggle out of that chore.

what would we do without wet wipes? I always have a pack to hand now.

Happy driving!

Pema Lily

Comment

I find baby-wipes are useful too. They are big, vat free and meant for delicate skin (which I don't have so I assume they will do no harm) but ok for a quick hand wipe.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X