Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to own a Hylo, first timer, T de F space available (Yorks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to own a Hylo, first timer, T de F space available (Yorks)

Hi there, I am about to take ownership of a 2000 reg Hylo, one lady owner, 76,000 miles. Very excited, and this site was a big help when I was deciding what to do, it is my first van. I live in Harrogate and if someone would like to park on my drive for the Tour de France weekend then let me know. Only room for 1 small motorhome though.
    There's no point leaving it sitting on the drive!
    http://the3cheers.blogspot.co.uk/

Join the Happy Family - we are going to watch the Tour from the comfort of our settee …….. think we will get a better view especially if the weather 'turns'. DH went to France 2 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the experience

Where will you be storing your new acquisition?

Comment

Well, there you have me :-)

Originally posted by Insect View Post
      Join the Happy Family - we are going to watch the Tour from the comfort of our settee …….. think we will get a better view especially if the weather 'turns'. DH went to France 2 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the experience

Where will you be storing your new acquisition?
      I have a garage and space for 2 vehicles on the drive, so can't decide whether to put the van in the garage or the car. I think on balance the van will go in the garage during the week in the summer, then storage on a site from October onwards. I think you may be right about watching the race on the telly! Although we are having big screens put up on the Stray, near the finish, so should be a good event regardless.

Comment

What's with the sheep - spring in the air

Our Hyundai lives in the garage so it's out of the way of preying eyes and because we use the car mostly ....... you could, of course, rent the 'van space over the :bicycle: T of Eng. or : sleep in it yourself and rent out your house ......... down this way: at a certain busy time of year: £25+ per night bed only breakfast extra is the starting rate .......... and people rent out their drive space with the proceeds going to the local School fund raisers .........

Comment

Hello ajtyorks,

A warm welcome to the forum, from me ..

Lots of good luck in your new van.

Happy camping and safe travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by ajtyorks View Post
            Hi there, I am about to take ownership of a 2000 reg Hylo, one lady owner, 76,000 miles. Very excited, and this site was a big help when I was deciding what to do, it is my first van. I live in Harrogate and if someone would like to park on my drive for the Tour de France weekend then let me know. Only room for 1 small motorhome though.
            Hi and welcome, I'm glad you have found our site helpful in making your choice and I hope you have many years happy holidays in your van.

Don't forget you have to give him/her a name and we want to see lots of lovely pictures of your van in beautiful settings.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

C15 ROMAHOME'

Originally posted by ajtyorks View Post
              The C15 Romahome is prone to rusting along the leading edge of the bonnet. We have owned a couple in the past and the first thing we did was to renew it. Also most importantly
              have the flexi hose that supplies gas to the fridge checked annually for deterioration. Our second high top caught fire the first time that we lit the fridge. So "pleeeeeeez " heed.

Regards, WELSHPOOLJONIE

Comment

Good idea on the rental, I might try that

The sheep... well I am a Welsh lady living in Yorkshire, it could only be a sheep really!

I've got a name for my van - the 3 Cheers. Is is named after a family friend who sadly died recently, but left me the money to buy myself a van. A really nice man with the surname of Cheers - and he had 2 brothers, hence the nickname.
                Last edited by ajtyorks; 17-05-2014, 16:42.

Comment

How lovely and thanks for sharing!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X