This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Val in Hereford

Hello all. It's been so reassuring reading all about what goes on with Romahome owners. You all seem so much fun! I'm just making the transition from a trailer tent to a Romahome. I'll be using it to camp with my 2 young grandchildren and/or by myself (with dog) and hope to meet up with any others doing the same.

Hi Val

Welcome to the forum, we take our grandchildren with us sometimes it's great fun and kids love camping don't they?
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

hello Val,and welcome.
      what kind of Romahome are you getting?

Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Val

Welcome to the site. I am sure you will enjoy your van and trips. Maybe you can join in one of the meets with this group just have a look in the meeting up section of the forum. We always have a lovely time no matter where we go. We also camp with the Camping and caravan club on their rallies. You can just turn up to any of them once you are a member. Kids certainly seem to enjoy themselves. In fact we camp up most weekends in summer all over the place. Sometimes we know people other times not.

Comment

hello from me too.
          Jessie

Comment

And hello from me!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
              hello Val,and welcome.
              what kind of Romahome are you getting?

Ian
              Hi Ian - I'm getting a Hylo. What have you got?

Comment

Hi Val welcome aboard. I bet you're looking forward to getting your high low.We are off to Wales 10th-20th Sept do want to joinus To find out look on fancy meeting up all ideas welcome.Zoe

Comment

Originally posted by Val Watson View Post
                  Hi Ian - I'm getting a Hylo. What have you got?
                  Hi Val,
                  I have a duo outlook, bought for two, but its very spacious for one.I also invested in a romahome awning, expensive but fits well, doubles my living space and is storm proof - given a couple of storm straps.
                  I am planning to spend xmas day just below dartmoor, so it needs to be weather proof.
                  I think the hylo is great,but the high roof i thought may not be so good in strong wind, although you can always shut down I know, I had a dodge like that.
                  When do you collect your new baby?
                  Ian

Comment

Hi Val and welcome.
                    If you want to meet up with like minded people there are two places you need to be - here- and in the Roma Club. Pauline & Graham have kindly given space for the Club on this Forum and the Club site is at www.romaclub.org.uk where you will find a list of all their Rallys. Many of us go along to both types of 'meet' and they are always great times (although the Small Motorhomers do seem to eat more cake).
                    Look forward to seeing you.
                    Colin

Comment

hi Val and welcome

We had a trailer tent then a folding camper and like you we used to take our grandchildren - and sometimes their parents too with us as we could sleep 6 in the van andmore in the awning! Now we've changed to our R20, and the family can stay at our bungalow and we get to holiday by ourselves. we really love the convenience of a motorhome, and have it as our only vehicle now, ideal for days out ,parked up for lunch at a local beauty spot.

Have fun! Mary
                      :sunshine:

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                        Hi Val,
                        I have a duo outlook, bought for two, but its very spacious for one.I also invested in a romahome awning, expensive but fits well, doubles my living space and is storm proof - given a couple of storm straps.
                        I am planning to spend xmas day just below dartmoor, so it needs to be weather proof.
                        I think the hylo is great,but the high roof i thought may not be so good in strong wind, although you can always shut down I know, I had a dodge like that.
                        When do you collect your new baby?
                        Ian
                        Hi Ian. Picking her up on Tuesday 24th! Ooo-er.

Comment

great! how exciting, dont panic they drive like a small car,no different,you will get used to it/her/him in 30 mins. The camping bit is a doddle,and we can all help you there.
                          lucky you,such fun.
                          Ian

Comment

Hi Val

Nice to see another local person here!

Karen - in Ross-on-Wye

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X