As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, youngster here!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, youngster here!

Hi there.

Im a 20 year old guy from the Highlands of Scotland. Been toying with the idea of getting a camper for attending music festivals and a bit of touring during the summer.

I'm thinking the Berlingo looks like a good idea for me as far as low set up cost and insurance goes, hopefully pick up plenty of tips from here!

P.S. dont seem to be able to see pictures, can anyone help?

Hi pagcelt,

Glad you could join us. A small camper for music festivals sounds a great idea, certainly would avoid the guy rope tangle round the tents. I used to hate that.
    Not to mention nowadays the security concerns you have when you take a tent, and your camera/beer/whatever goes missing while you're out (depending what you were daft/naive enough to leave in it).

I can't imagine it will be "cheap" whatever option you take, but I agree there are some cheaper options. You're obviously richer than I was at 20 - I was more worried about how I could afford my next beer

Chris

Edit: An admin should be along shortly to sort your permissions.
    Last edited by KnowItAllSon; 30-08-2010, 09:27.
    sightings and blogs from the Erewash Valley - http://www.erewashvalleywildlife.org.uk/. my flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_love/.
    Be a fan of Erewash Valley Wildlife on Facebook.

Comment

Hello pagcelt

Welcome to the forum, there are lots of old fuddy duddy's on here but we have lots of experience with small motorhomes so will be able to answer any questions you have.

When you say a Berlingo are you looking at a self build or something like a berlingo based Romahome?

If you are looking for a self build have a look at Derek's video HERE

Regarding the pictures on the forum I have put you in the full membership group so if you are logged on you should be able to view pictures on the forum.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Welcome to the forum pagcelt.

"there are lots of old fuddy duddy's on here "
        You speak for yourself Graham!

Tony Anchorman

Comment

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
          Welcome to the forum pagcelt.

"there are lots of old fuddy duddy's on here "
          You speak for yourself Graham!

Tony Anchorman
          I said lots, I didn't say all, you are exempted as you are in the first flush of youth.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Being young doesn't stop you going for older romahomes. I'm also in my early 20s and my HyLo is approaching 20 itself. She still does extremely well. You can get the older romahomes for a very reasonable price. I use mine now as my primary vehicle because it made no sense to run a car as well when my van is almost as economical on fuel.

Good luck

Comment

Young Traveller

Excellent Idea. I loved my time at Glastonbury in my R10 but the problem is there aren't any cheap second hand ones around. It's a bit small if its raining although no problem with the awning at scorching Glasto this year!
              Jill S

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X