As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still looking for motorhome

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still looking for motorhome

Oh dear! I have spent several weeks searching for a micro (but not too micro) motorhome that will be small enough to park easily where I live. Finally decided that R10 too small for extended trips. Then visited Drivelodge and was impressed by their work. Next was search for base vehicle, and visits to dealers who have such limited stock you have to try and choose from a brochure. I thought that the Berlingo/Partner van or car would do, but then discovered that any warranty is invalidated by the adaptation! Now back to square one and wondering if the only way is to buy ready-made ie not bespoke. I am not in a hurry, as winter approaches, but would like to be ready by early autumn. I hope to get to Shepton Mallett on Sunday; any chance of meeting up with some sympathetic forum members?!

Good luck with your search TG. We have done Scotland in our Romahome and thats us two plus Barney the travelling cat and we find it adequate. i think if you go for a bigger motorhome you just take more stuff with you that you can really live without.we used to have a big motorhome , an Adria Win but we had lots of problems with finding parking etc so we went to a smaller one and are pleased we did.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
      Good luck with your search TG. We have done Scotland in our Romahome and thats us two plus Barney the travelling cat and we find it adequate. i think if you go for a bigger motorhome you just take more stuff with you that you can really live without.we used to have a big motorhome , an Adria Win but we had lots of problems with finding parking etc so we went to a smaller one and are pleased we did.
      Yep, I agree - I did over 1000 miles to the Outer Hebrides & back, two ppl and dog most of the way. The answer for more space is --- an awning! LOL!!

Nicholson - there are so many dogdy dealers out there. It really is 'buyer beware' it seems - even with a dealer! Thanks you for pointing this one out to us, and good luck with your claim.

Comment

Hi Nicholson
        All motorhome dealers should give buyers a complete demonstration of things working before you drive away, in fact every thing that you describe should have been tested by them before sale. First phone call should be to Trading Standards for advice on your legal position, second to VOSA who licence MOT test stations.
        Good luck
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by niloc View Post
          Hi Nicholson
          All motorhome dealers should give buyers a complete demonstration of things working before you drive away, in fact every thing that you describe should have been tested by them before sale. First phone call should be to Trading Standards for advice on your legal position, second to VOSA who licence MOT test stations.
          Good luck
          Colin

Thanks have already reported them, waiting for a responce.

http://www.worldofdogs.cc/CountrySid...deFile001.html
          Last edited by Nicholson; 18-09-2010, 21:17.

Comment

search for motorhome coming to end

Hi Everyone

Things are beginning to look hopeful - I went to the NEC on Wednesday and saw the new Wheelhome Vikenze; practically everything I was looking for in a micro! They are bringing one to me for a test drive next week; so if that's OK, with any luck I'll be on the road early next year. I had a look for the Wheelhome owners club, but couldn't find a website or contact... I am wondering about getting the diesel heating system - is it very noisy, and does it drain the battery? Is there any other option that I should be thinking about? I have bought a pop up Quecha tent (but haven't tried to pop it up yet!) Hope that's not too many questions - let me know if I should be posting elsewhere.

TG

Comment

Well played. I just looked the Wheelhome Vikenze up. That looks rather nice! I hope she gives you many years of great service.
              Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

Quecha pop up tent

I have bought a pop up Quecha tent (but haven't tried to pop it up yet!) Hope that's not too many questions - let me know if I should be posting elsewhere.

TG[/QUOTE]

Hi TG

When you pop up the Quecha tent, be ready to fight with it to get it back down again. We borrowed one to try it out. It popped up very easily, but took two of us to jump on it and wrestle it back into the bag. Just follow the instructions exactly but you have to push on it very hard; we thought we were going to break it.

Patricia

Comment

Originally posted by patriscott View Post
                  I have bought a pop up Quecha tent (but haven't tried to pop it up yet!) Hope that's not too many questions - let me know if I should be posting elsewhere.

TG
                  Hi TG

When you pop up the Quecha tent, be ready to fight with it to get it back down again. We borrowed one to try it out. It popped up very easily, but took two of us to jump on it and wrestle it back into the bag. Just follow the instructions exactly but you have to push on it very hard; we thought we were going to break it.

Patricia [/QUOTE]

On saturday I helped a lady to get her popup tent down out of a tree
                  those things are very prone to roll away in any wind if not very securely pegged down.This had rocked around in the breeze,pulled out its short pegs(as supplied) and taken off like a boxkite.I gather she intends to sell it on ebay now,so if you want one!!!! its an ill wind...............
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

no longer looking for motorhome!

Hi again

Just finished the test drive (Stephen Wheeler from Wheelhome has the patience of a saint!) and await delivery of my Viknenze in February

Thanks for the advice on the Quecha; even the young man at Decathlon had trouble getting it down - ended up underneath it at one stage! I have booked a session in a friend's garden to try it out.

Look forward to meeting up with some of you next year, it will be great to put faces to names....

Thanks for all the encouragement

TG

Comment

Congratulations on the new van, I'm sure that you will have lots of fun in it.

I also have a quechua tent and will decent tent pegs it stood up through 4 days of gale force winds in North Devon.

Once you have folded it up a couple of times you will have no problems. The secret the first time is when you have folded all 4 sides together you then have to squeeze the poles together at about waist height. At this point the tent wants to twist but you must not let it, you just have to fold the top over the bottom. I hope this makes sense, only that bit is not very clear if you watch the videos on youtube.

Have fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by TG View Post
                        Hi again

Just finished the test drive (Stephen Wheeler from Wheelhome has the patience of a saint!) and await delivery of my Viknenze in February

Thanks for the advice on the Quecha; even the young man at Decathlon had trouble getting it down - ended up underneath it at one stage! I have booked a session in a friend's garden to try it out.

Look forward to meeting up with some of you next year, it will be great to put faces to names....

Thanks for all the encouragement

TG

CONGRATS on your purchase!!! Looking forward to seeing it at one of the meets!!! As for the pop up tent, once you get the nack its easy, you'll look like a pro!! We've got one that we sometimes use as a store (we bought it when we had the romahome). I could have earned a fortune at a music festival we went to if I'd charged all the people I helped unpop!

There used to be a helpful video on the decathalon website too. I second Ians warning though - buy a couple of extra guys and some decent pegs, those supplied are useless/
                        Last edited by glenw; 19-10-2010, 15:23.
                        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Flori Bunda

I may be too late, given the date on this string but have you tried Wheelhome. They do some really great conversions. They are based in Essex and if you simply google Wheelhome I'm sure you will find them.

Comment

I have a pop upand think it is fantastic. I went to decathalon and put it up and down three times and would not buy it until I did it on my own unassisted. Then I immediately went home and taught my children and friends.....

You get the idea... practice ... practice ...practice

Now collapsing it is no problem.

They do have their limitations, they are not the tent I would have for choice in a real storm... it would not surprise me at all they would blow away.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X