Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another newbie saying hi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Another newbie saying hi

    Hi all. Joined some time ago but this is my first post. Just about to acquire my first small campervan having dreamed of this for years. Will be camping solo and a bit worried I'll be lonely or have technical problems that are beyond me to fix. I plan a local weekend to try out the van first and feel both excited and apprehensive.

    #2
    Welcome
    We are new to campervans-only done 1 nighters (4) so far in our Duo Outlook-
    What van are you about to buy?

    Comment


      #3
      Hello and welcome to the forum.
      Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

      Comment


        #4
        Hi and welcome.

        I think this is like any new game, we're all a bit uncertain until we discover what rules we're supposed to follow.

        Have fun.

        Comment


          #5
          Rules??
          No rules. Just common sense and decency.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
            Rules??
            No rules. Just common sense and decency.
            That's what I was meaning, but the mind went on a trip to blanksville.

            Comment


              #7
              Hello and welcome!!

              Camping on your own isn't lonely - it's called Enjoying Solitude.

              Seriously, being on your own is ok. If you do feel lonely, there are always other campers to chat to on a campsite. And we have Spring and Autumn rallies where you can meet up with the folk from here, and a few meets up and down the country where you just join someone else on the same campsite and 'meet up'.

              The C&CC do temporary holiday meets up and down the country, always with a few people in charge, and coffee mornings and evening activities for people who want to join in (it's not compulsory!).

              Technical problems inside the habitation unit - ask the wardens of the site, or a camper nearby, they are usually happy to help if they can. Engine worries - join the AA or the RAC and then help is only a phone call away if you have a breakdown.

              Comment


                #8
                Hello Daisy7 and welcome to the Forum. Don't let the worries spoil the excitement. We have just bought our second van and are just as excited (and worried). Our last van was a very basic VW, whereas the new one has heating, hot water, a shower etc! Real luxury.

                Enjoy your travels and hope our paths cross at some point.
                Mary

                Comment


                  #9
                  Another solo camper here, I tend to plan my trips round a place of interest, such as a NT property or an interesting town, so I have things to see and do. There is usually a way round technical problems and that can be part of the fun.

                  Enjoy your new adventure

                  Jules

                  Comment


                    #10
                    go for it

                    Hiya, I have been solo camping for years. Firstly in a tent, then a much loved romahome and I have now upgraded to a Nu Venture with lots of added extras like hot water and a toilet. I love it. You meet lots of interesting people and I find campsites very sociable. Everyone loves to show off their van and talk 'stuff'. I mainly wild camp though and have a dog for company most of the time. Again I am never lonely as you always meet other travellers. Just back from north of scotland which was loaded with camper vans. It is scary owning a van but you get used to it. i was freaked out at the cost of my new van and am slowly recovering. This is a lovely friendly forum so enjoy the support from here.
                    Ellie

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by JulieM View Post
                      Welcome
                      We are new to campervans-only done 1 nighters (4) so far in our Duo Outlook-
                      What van are you about to buy?
                      Hi
                      Thanks for replying . I'm buying a Wheelhome Panache based on a Fiat Scudo.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                        Hello and welcome!!

                        Camping on your own isn't lonely - it's called Enjoying Solitude.

                        Seriously, being on your own is ok. If you do feel lonely, there are always other campers to chat to on a campsite. And we have Spring and Autumn rallies where you can meet up with the folk from here, and a few meets up and down the country where you just join someone else on the same campsite and 'meet up'.

                        The C&CC do temporary holiday meets up and down the country, always with a few people in charge, and coffee mornings and evening activities for people who want to join in (it's not compulsory!).

                        Technical problems inside the habitation unit - ask the wardens of the site, or a camper nearby, they are usually happy to help if they can. Engine worries - join the AA or the RAC and then help is only a phone call away if you have a breakdown.
                        Thanks for the tips. I'm an AA member so it's more the technical side of things that worry me. There seems to be a lot of technical terms that I'm just beginning to make sense of. Still as you say I can always ask for advice or help. I'll attend a rally at some point and maybe meet some of you kind people. You seem a really welcoming bunch.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by JazziJ View Post
                          Another solo camper here, I tend to plan my trips round a place of interest, such as a NT property or an interesting town, so I have things to see and do. There is usually a way round technical problems and that can be part of the fun.

                          Enjoy your new adventure

                          Jules
                          Hi
                          Planning trips around a place of interest is a really good idea. There's so many places in the UK I want to visit. Getting more excited by the day

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Henwife View Post
                            Hiya, I have been solo camping for years. Firstly in a tent, then a much loved romahome and I have now upgraded to a Nu Venture with lots of added extras like hot water and a toilet. I love it. You meet lots of interesting people and I find campsites very sociable. Everyone loves to show off their van and talk 'stuff'. I mainly wild camp though and have a dog for company most of the time. Again I am never lonely as you always meet other travellers. Just back from north of scotland which was loaded with camper vans. It is scary owning a van but you get used to it. i was freaked out at the cost of my new van and am slowly recovering. This is a lovely friendly forum so enjoy the support from here.
                            Ellie
                            Hi. Thanks for your encouragement. I have camped in a tent on my own a few times but not for a while. Used to wild camp in Scotland but never alone. Really hope to find the courage to do it as I love wild places and visit Skye and Harris every year, although for the last 8 years I have stayed in a cottage.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              well pm me if you come campervanning to north skye☺

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

                              320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                              Collapse

                              728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X