Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello from mareike & Rumi

Hello,

I have been a member for a few weeks now and apologise for not introducing myself before. Life has somehow been a bit full on lately and I have been very busy.

I bought a lovely 1992 Romahome 3 month ago, but sadly an unexpected bereavement in the family and everything that follows, has affected my ability to go away and also my income (as I am self-employed). An expensive repair bill for new breaks and rotary bearings (all done now) has finally tipped the balance and is forcing me to part again. :-( Therefore, you may find 'Rumi' in the 'for sale' section here at some point.

I just want to say how very helpful this wonderful website and forum has been. And I love the fact that everything is so simple, effective and also 'non-commercial' (if you know what I mean). Well done and a big 'Thank you!'

I will definately stick around and hopefully I will be able to afford another Romahome soon.

All the best and happy travels
    Mareike

Sorry things have not been going too well for you lately, hopefully your life will improve soon. Welcome to the forum anyway

Comment

Hi Mareike

Thanks for those kind words about the forum and website, it's nice when people appreciate what we do. There are some truly lovely people on here, we feel blessed.

Sorry to hear of your recent troubles and hope things improve for you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post

Thanks for those kind words about the forum and website, it's nice when people appreciate what we do. There are some truly lovely people on here, we feel blessed.

We are all blessed it seems, Graham. Lovely people attract lovely people and there is no doubt that this forum is full of people who enjoy helping others. I feel blessed to have found it.

Could you possibly tell me if the Romahome Hylo's are still being build or when they stopped building them?
        I am not so keen on the newer type with the roof only popping up on one side, also it being fabric in between rather than fibreglass.
        Just want to make sure i won't regret parting with 'Rumi' ...

Comment

Welcome Mareike.

I'm afraid they don't build ones like yours anymore, if it was mine I would hang on to it as they are becoming rarer.

Comment

As Caz says they are not built anymore but second hand ones do come up for sale from to time.

Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi! I don't know how I missed this post, but just wanted to say welcome to the SMH forum.

Reading through the threads, I also think you might be better hanging onto your Rumi if you can, and hang on in there until things get better. If you need a car for your work anyway, why not have your roma for this purpose.. they are pretty cheap to run and insure.

Comment

Thank you all.

She has got 168000 on the clock. Is that a lot? Most Romahomes advertised have less than that...

Comment

Hi Mareike! Angie here...

As you know, I've been looking at Romahomes for quite some time (though I've ended up with a Bongo, for the next couple of years at least) and I've not seen any with as many miles on the clock, or years of age, as your delightful Rumi. But working it out on year-for-year, the 1999 ones I've seen tended to have about 90K, though one was only 58K. So if a 15-16 y.o. one tends to have done about 90, that'd be about 6K per year, which would mean that at 23 they'd have done about 138K. Rumi's done another 30K which is only a bit over 1K per year more than that! Hardly excessive, really - as a guide, I've done 10K per year in the C4 for the least two years, ferrying your student & her siblings around, and dealing with our own family bereavement. HTH!

Comment

Rumi stays!

Hello everyone,

Sorry I have been off-line for a while, but just to give you the good news: I have decided not to part with Rumi after all...

It turned out that my garage has been rather negative and a pessimistic boyfriend didn't help the situation. I have had a friend who knows about older vehicle look at her and it seems that things are not as bad as I thought. So, I have clung on and am scrapping money together and now feel positive that I will be able to give her the TLC she'll need to get through the winter.

She has not given me any new worries since I decided to go for the plunge and she has been such a delight to drive and camp in, as I have finally managed to get some time away with her.

I am now on the look-out for a good garage and will make a new post about that.

Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by AngieC View Post
                      Hi Mareike! Angie here... HTH!
                      I have only just clicked, do you mean as in 'Jo's Angie'?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X