As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First timer

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer

Hello from Easycamper,
    I have never been on a social website before so I don't know about things like "threads" or any of the (in)formalities. I am looking for help with our Romahome, C15D Hylo 1996. It leaks when it rains! Through the windscreen and the scuttle(?) the bulkhead between me and the horsepower.
    I think this message is a "thread". What is a tag?

Hello Easycamper! Welcome to the forum!

If you have a leak from a windscreen, you need a new windscreen rubber seal. I think autoglass will come out and do that for you very reasonably, or you can source the seal and just get someone to fit.

Not sure about the other problem. But someone will be along who knows all about it soon, you can depend on that!

Somtimes a small leak can be fixed with clear sealant from a car repair shop. I used it with good effect on one of my romahome windows that had developed a leak.

Comment

Hi Easycamper! Welcome to the forum!
      Can't help you with your problems, but agree with JayJay, hope you get all fixed up.
      Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
      'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by easycamper View Post
        I think this message is a "thread". What is a tag?
        Welcome Easycamper

You are correct, you have started a thread, a thread is made of different posts which people add to the thread.

Tags: In online computer systems terminology, a tag is a non-hierarchical keyword or term assigned to a piece of information (such as an Internet bookmark, digital image, or computer file). This kind of metadata helps describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching. Tags are generally chosen informally and personally by the item's creator or by its viewer, depending on the system.

Tagging was popularized by websites associated with Web 2.0 and is an important feature of many Web 2.0 services. It is now also part of some desktop software.

Hopefully that clears up that one.

Or to put it another way I haven't the foggiest idea and pasted that from wikepedia
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Tags

Clever man Graham to get the info from Wiki. I was impressed that you explained it so well

Comment

On a C15 a leaking windscreen is often more than just the sealing rubber. If you lift up the rubber at one of the bottom corners you will probably find a hole.. I repaired mine by making a repair patch at night school, but you could possibly persuade your local bodyshop to repair it. The scuttle problem is also likely to be rust.

I think that you will need someone with the right skills to inspect it and work out a repair plan

Comment

Hello and Welcome Easycamper,
              I had a Hylo C15 that sometimes had a leak caused by the vents (or whatever they're called) below the windscreen being blocked. There might already be a thread on here about it if you search. Also, Ask Ant, he is VERY helpful.
              Aileen

Comment

Cant sleep

More thoughts about your water leak.

Windscreen - prise up the corners of the rubber with a table knife to look for rust, if there is some there will be a hole even if you cannot see it but with the windscreen out it is an easy repair for a bodyshop or competent home welder. If you can manage to find the repair panels then all well and good but hadrian seem to have stopped making them.

The scuttle - if it is not rust then it is the plenum chamber not draining, Lift the bonnet and stand in front of the grill facing the windscreen. You will see a black panel bolted to the scuttle. This is access to the plenum chamber, underneath you will see a squashy rubber pipe. The bottom has a split, squeeze it so that it opens like a mouth and clear out any debris. When we had a C15 I had to remove the plate because of all the leaves and other rubbish that had fallen through the grill under the windscreen and were blocking the drain.

If this fails start looking for a rusted hole.

Our C15 failed its test because the lip in front of that plate had rusted through (it is within 30 cm of the suspension mounting). I cut the edge of the lip and painted it and it passed with no problem as the edge is no structural.

Comment

Hi Easycamper & welcome.

I thought my windscreen was leaking, but the water which runs down through the grid by the wipers was building up in the bulkhead(?) and the tubing which allows it to run off was blocked. Easily sorted...though took a while to work out what the problem was, it was when I turned a sharp corner quite fast and water slopped out of my fresh air vents when it wasn't raining that was a clue!! Hope that's your problem & not your windscreen!!

Happy camping!!
                  Last edited by playallday; 27-10-2010, 12:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    Welcome Easycamper

You are correct, you have started a thread, a thread is made of different posts which people add to the thread.

Tags: In online computer systems terminology, a tag is a non-hierarchical keyword or term assigned to a piece of information (such as an Internet bookmark, digital image, or computer file). This kind of metadata helps describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching. Tags are generally chosen informally and personally by the item's creator or by its viewer, depending on the system.

Tagging was popularized by websites associated with Web 2.0 and is an important feature of many Web 2.0 services. It is now also part of some desktop software.

Hopefully that clears up that one.

Or to put it another way I haven't the foggiest idea and pasted that from wikepedia
                    From easycamper, Thanks for the replies. My ignorance of how this forum works is showing. I could not figure out how to search for these until after had asked this question again on the 16th November oops! I have just received the Newsletter, it looks good.
                    Bye for now

Comment

I don't really know about threads and tags etc. but I just write something and hope for the best. Why don't you ask Ant about the wet he knows so much. Welcome

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Hi to all of you who replied to my appeal. Especially as this was my first time on the forum,
                        Thanks for this,
                        Easycamper

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X