X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting fellow romahomers

Hi All

Great website and very friendly forums!

Pretty new to this motorhome lark - we recently purchased a romahome demountable on a Bedford Rascal - but we've come from a long line of Dandy trailer tents and my parents tourer so enjoy camping style holidays.

We love the little Romahome; it'll always get you there - eventually We've had a few enjoyable weekends away in the Peak District, North Wales and Yorkshire - hope to get some more in over the winter.

Hope to see a few of you about and have a chat on here as well.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum, its lovely to "meet" you.

We have quite a few demountable owners on here, so you aren't alone. Thanks for the kind words about the website and forum.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

hello, nice to meet you too
      Jessie

Comment

Hi Mark

Nice to virtually meet you, maybe meet you properly one day. Where are you based?

Comment

Hi from me too!

I used to have a Bedford Rascal Demountable! Still miss it as well, especially getting on and off the drive.... I now have a Kip caravan, so still small, but beautiful.

Comment

Hi Mark,
            Romas are good in cold weather,nice and snug. You might want to think about a small 5 or 800 watt oil filled radiator,you can get one via this sites amazon link,and then you are really cozy whatever the weather.
            happy camping.
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hello there!!

We have a demountable on a Suzuki Carry Pickup ... great little van. We've had her since February and have been away loads since then. We've just had hook up installed and have bought a cute little oil filled radiator, so are all ready for winter outings.

We have an 'outhouse' awning, which is great and gives us lots of much needed extra space. I think it was only about £70.

Nice to meet you and hope you enjoys the forum

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for the nice welcome.

We hail from North Derbyshire - near Chesterfield. We've also got one of those Outhouse awnings - Handi XL (?) - I think this was also about £70 from Don Amotts.

We've only ever seen 1 other Rascal based romahome at Belper the other week. We have seen a larger number of C15 based ones though and generally get a wave.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark and welcome, yes this is a fantastic forum, great folks, handy tips, and an abundance of help, hope to see you around the sites.
                  Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                  'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                    Hi Mark and welcome, yes this is a fantastic forum, great folks, handy tips, and an abundance of help, hope to see you around the sites.
                    Not forgetting the fun bit.... Spot the bird quiz ......... Jokes and Competitions
                    Jessie

Comment

Hello

Hello Rangerman,
                      Welcome to the site and hopefully we'll meet at a campsite in the future. I often pop down to Darley Dale as a Caravan and Camping Club member.
                      I'm also north Derbyshire nr to Belper.

Sunshine

Comment

Hi, I have a demountable Honda Acty and also live in Derbyshire, bit further south J25 M1 in Long Eaton
                        Happy camping

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X