• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do find this site difficult

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
    Exciting isn't it?

Hope you are finding you way around.
    How can i talk to some one or all, i found this by mistake i need to tell and ask about the small moter homes. there does not seem to be a thing to say write here and all will see its all done by clicking any were, then i lose it all

Help
    wassail
    Roger
    Roger Green.Roger Green.

Hello Roger, you seem to have written here so hello and welcome to the site.

Ask away and l am sure someone will answer you soon.

To reply to a post you have to click on 'Post reply' button at bottom Left hand side. Then write in the box and click Submit Reply at bottom. I am sure Graham or Pauline will be along to help.

Comment

Hi Roger

Sorry you are having difficulty, I notice you have managed to post several times, you will get used to it and then you'll wonder how you ever managed without it.

To get you into the swing of things why not have a look at some of my tutorial videos about using the forum you can see them on our Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/Smallmot...56C12569B92EBF

You will find everything you need to know starting a thread, replying to a thread, quoting a post, etc. etc.

Before you know where you are you will be an expert.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello Roger

Welcome to the friendly forum. It really doesn't take long to get used to what to do to get your messages on

Comment

The Roger Reply !!!!

Lets ok thanks for the help, maybe i can get it ok, its now -10c and the van sill works ok and only takes 15min to get t up to 21c inside great ant it. and still only uses 1 lt per 24hrs. come over its just great. The Roger
          Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

The Tread.

Hi yes im back now i have to find a thead, my nan showed me that it was something you sew with, now you say i have to post it, well this is what i do on Sat morn down the village. So now i have to found were to post it! This key board is good it make my spelling better, Whos D? Any way ill keep trying with your help thanks. At work they give me a new program and say bugger it up if you can and i do. So when i cant they then use it some were.
            Ill Look at this u tube thing and see what its about.
            Wassail
            Roger
            Gusse what now. its to short. shhh. now what do i do. ahh got it. is this ok.
            Last edited by roger green; 19-11-2010, 19:35.
            Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

The picture.

Yes its me again now it wont change the font or color. well now how do i get a Pic of my van on here to show you all. Iv got it in this computer somewere.!!??##""
              Wassail
              Roger
              Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

Hi Roger - hit the reply button and type something into the box on this thread, then go down the page to where it says

'Additional options - manage attachments'.

Click on the 'manage attachments' button and it brings up a little box which says at the top 'upload from your computer', click the box.

then click the browse button on the window that opens and find the picture on your computer and click ok when you have found it.

Then click the upload button and wait for a few moments, the name of your file will show underneath in the upload box.

You can then close the attachments box as it's now got the image uploaded.

Then click 'submit reply' just under where you wrote in the box, beneath the 'post icons' below...

And hopefully the picture will come up with your post.

Good luck! JayJay

Comment

Tags are markers that can be searched for..

For example if you posted a picture of a group of people you could add 'tags' on the photos of people's name. Then if a search is conducted with the persons name your photo is highlighted. This is used on facebook.

Another example is if you compose a document you may add a tag, (called a bookmark in word) and then you could have a link to the tag.... for instance you write a recipe book ... put a tag next to the curry section. Then you have an index and when you click on the curry option it takes you straight to the curry section.

It sounds really complicated a lot of this stuff for a while but it is not actually pretty straightforward once you get used to it... persevere. Computers are actually wonderful tools.

Comment

The cumputer, yes you are right the computer is a fantastic tool i just wish computer

The cumputer, yes you are right the computer is a fantastic tool, i just wish computer boffs would use our langage when the make the programs. Still i hope we can meet soon.
                    Roger
                    Originally posted by Roamingsue View Post
                    Tags are markers that can be searched for..

For example if you posted a picture of a group of people you could add 'tags' on the photos of people's name. Then if a search is conducted with the persons name your photo is highlighted. This is used on facebook.

Another example is if you compose a document you may add a tag, (called a bookmark in word) and then you could have a link to the tag.... for instance you write a recipe book ... put a tag next to the curry section. Then you have an index and when you click on the curry option it takes you straight to the curry section.

It sounds really complicated a lot of this stuff for a while but it is not actually pretty straightforward once you get used to it... persevere. Computers are actually wonderful tools.
                    Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

Actually once you get into the terms it is really quite logical and makes sense.

For instance one of my favourites a byte is a 'unit' of space on a harddrive... and half a byte is called 'a nibble'. I bet you will remember that!

A bit is a single digit, 4 bits make a nibble, and 8 bits make a byte. Tag, makes sense when you think about it....

Blog.... is a brilliant expression.

It does need a different language because it is a different way of working....

Comment

computer talk.

Yes you are correct but to learn an other lagauge and a different way Oh well thats how it is Ill just have to try but the clock is ticking. im now going to try picture upload Jayjay if it dont work then no pic.
                        Wassail the roger.
                        Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

i Waited for 10 min nothing still trying. thanks

Ill try again soon found pic in computer but wont come in. Roger Yes im a sod at this sort of thing. Roger.
                          Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                          Hi Roger - hit the reply button and type something into the box on this thread, then go down the page to where it says

'Additional options - manage attachments'.

Click on the 'manage attachments' button and it brings up a little box which says at the top 'upload from your computer', click the box.

then click the browse button on the window that opens and find the picture on your computer and click ok when you have found it.

Then click the upload button and wait for a few moments, the name of your file will show underneath in the upload box.

You can then close the attachments box as it's now got the image uploaded.

Then click 'submit reply' just under where you wrote in the box, beneath the 'post icons' below...

And hopefully the picture will come up with your post.

Good luck! JayJay
                          Last edited by roger green; 28-11-2010, 15:16.
                          Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

Hi Dolly

Im trying but not getting very far, iv tried Jayjays bit many times, but ill say hi to you, hope you read it. I still dont know how i get here but its ok like you say may be it wont take to long as the clock is ticking. The Roger
                            Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                            Hello Roger

Welcome to the friendly forum. It really doesn't take long to get used to what to do to get your messages on
                            Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

The Nibble.

Ill remember what you said but a TAG mm well ill try and find out Tag was a game we played at school does it mean touch? yes so iv got to learn this new language, were can i find it on the net under com Lag wassail The Roger
                              Originally posted by Roamingsue View Post
                              Actually once you get into the terms it is really quite logical and makes sense.

For instance one of my favourites a byte is a 'unit' of space on a harddrive... and half a byte is called 'a nibble'. I bet you will remember that!

A bit is a single digit, 4 bits make a nibble, and 8 bits make a byte. Tag, makes sense when you think about it....

Blog.... is a brilliant expression.

It does need a different language because it is a different way of working....
                              Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X