X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Barbara Anne, Audrey and R20 Juanita

Hi everyone

Just saying hello. We bought our first Romahome yesterday

We are in south Staffordshire and looking to get to know other people from the forum who know more about small motor homes than we do.

The whole purchasing of the van has been very stressful and we have both had a few sleepless nights over it ( ) since we bought it at the Caravan and Motorhome Show in Brum. Whoever decided it was a good idea to have the CAMRA team there must have had a deal with the various companies to get commission!

Anyway, no regrets. We are presently havig a bit of a problem with the back door but I'm sure it's just a teething problem.

Kind regards to all,

Barbara Anne, Audrey and our new best friend Juanita!!

Originally posted by Ewig View Post
    Hi everyone

Just saying hello. We bought our first Romahome yesterday

We are in south Staffordshire and looking to get to know other people from the forum who know more about small motor homes than we do.

The whole purchasing of the van has been very stressful and we have both had a few sleepless nights over it ( ) since we bought it at the Caravan and Motorhome Show in Brum. Whoever decided it was a good idea to have the CAMRA team there must have had a deal with the various companies to get commission!

Anyway, no regrets. We are presently havig a bit of a problem with the back door but I'm sure it's just a teething problem.

Kind regards to all,

Barbara Anne, Audrey and our new best friend Juanita!!
    Hi you two , welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place lots of seasoned Romahomers on here only too willing to give good advice.

I know what you mean about sleepless nights over your decision but you won't regret it, they are great little vans. What this about the Campaign for Real Ale being there, no one told me!! I am partial to a pint or two of Real Ale.

Hope you get your back door sorted soon and have lots of lovely holidays with Juanita.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Girls,
      You are going to have such fun together,you will never regret it.
      I look forward to meeting you at one of the rallys.
      Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hello from North Staffordshire. I did not sleep for months when van hunting. In the end John let me empty the bank accounts and buy our lovely VW just so we could start sleeping again!

You have lots of fun ahead of you!
        Mary

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys and gals!

It looks like a nice group of people here who have already been very helpful. I look forward to getting to know you all better

Barbara Anne

Comment

Welcome from me too, I don't have a roma, so can't help with the back door problem, but I'm madly in love with my van too. I didn't have sleepless nights as I put every penny possible to this purchase and had no doubts though it's the most expensive thing I've every bought! Have sleepless nights now as am so broke, but never blame the van for that. Am also from Staffs (but north, near to Mary, aka Vanderella!)

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Jan

Comment

Hi Ewig,

welcome to the main site on the net. some of us are going to Kingsbury water campsite park or something nr East Birmingham. there's a thread in FANCY MEETING UP.

Bring yourselves, dogs, canoe and bread maker.

I too have a Romahome mine has had all the problems in the world that I fixed so I might be able to fix your door. Now where's that hammer?

Comment

Hi from Stockport, Cheshire (the next county to Staffordshire). I've got an 1980s Romahome Demountable, so you can be assured that they go on forever!

We are hoping to go to Kingsbury next week-end, so it would be great to meet you if you made it.

Patricia

Comment

Along way.

Sorry cant make it its a long way but we use her every day soon we are off to France.
                  Roger Eileen Norway
                  Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

Hi Jan - looks like there are a few of us in Staffordshire. Hopefully we will meet soon and can counsel one another about our sleepless nights Maybe meet you next weekend Patricia?

I feel I need to lay down a boundary here. Can I just say that if anyone approaches my Romahome with a hammer and a look of intent, I may be obliged to sink my teeth into their bottom (before the throat is grabbed firmly)!!

Barbara Anne

Comment

R20

Hi there,

I am just about to buy a Romahome R20 and would really love to hear how you are getting on with yours.

Bammy (aka Barbara)

Comment

Hi Barbara

Nice to talk to you! I'll do you a deal. You ask the questions and I'll answer them. Then I'll then get my partner to answer them too. I have rose tinted specs as far as the van in concerned and my partner is more 'reluctant' about small motor homes. You will then have a completely balanced view!

As I am the author here, I will state from the outset that I LOVE MY VAN I could move in there in a minute!!

Kind regards,

BA

Comment

Originally posted by Ewig View Post
                          Hi Barbara

Nice to talk to you! I'll do you a deal. You ask the questions and I'll answer them. Then I'll then get my partner to answer them too. I have rose tinted specs as far as the van in concerned and my partner is more 'reluctant' about small motor homes. You will then have a completely balanced view!

As I am the author here, I will state from the outset that I LOVE MY VAN I could move in there in a minute!!

Kind regards,

BA
                          Hi Both,
                          It was really nice to see you both at Kingsbury and you have a nice van,you will now have a little more experience as to what exactly you need to do to make it cozy, (No Audrey I didnt mean sell it!).
                          By the time we get to Morton in Marsh it will be hot and sunny,[ I placed an order with scorchio.com],and life will be great.Now how about joining us for a while in the forest at Beddgelert,its a beautiful place.
                          Ian
                          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                            By the time we get to Morton in Marsh it will be hot and sunny,[ I placed an order with scorchio.com],and life will be great.
                            OK..I admit it...I checked that URL to see if a certain Fast Show sketch would appear...but all I got was one of those search landing pages with food topics
                            Neil

Comment

Hi BA

We already have a collapsible caravan -one of those Gobur caravans and we have really loved that (and we intend to keep it), but as I am the driver and the person who pulls the big trailer, I am never so keen to drive down small country lanes etc.
                              The reason we have decided to have the R20 is because for one thing I would like us just to be able to go out for the day and park up somewhere, read, write, walk dogs, just generally chill out away from the phone. Also to go away for a couple of days, which is not an option with a caravan with all the putting up and pulling down etc. Also, to use it to go and visit people - David has two sisters, one in northern Ireland and one in southern Ireland, so it would mean that we could take a few days to get there, and then of course we would be staying with them in their houses.
                              I suppose the question is, (and I wouldn't dare let David see this question), how long do you think it will be before we realise we don't need the caravan for longer holidays?

Barbara

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X