This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawal syptoms.........lol

Hi all, ive actually for the first time in, many many years Not, got a Caravan,(i sold my Vanroyce last month) OR indeed a motorhome, as i sold my much loved Nu Venture a couple months ago two,, however we did manage to purchase a nice static home and placed it on a beautiful plot next to the Norfolk broads, trouble is i cannot tow it or drive it !... so im now looing for a Romahome again!!!!.... We are going to Acle on Sunday to look at one, so hers hoping its a good un!.. ive been lost without a camper and looking to spend, about 3/4/5k on one... prefare a hi top, happy camping to all,still a fantastic site !!!, Bob.
    Rob,:thumbsup:

Welcome back Bob, hope you manage to get a Romahome. Your static van sounds nice but as you say you can't beat touring when you can wake in the morning and be anywhere.

Happy hunting,
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

So eagra.....

Hi Graham, yes your right there! i would make my jollys obviously, with a visit to Norfolk! I cannot wait to put my gear back in a camper again! Having had 5 c15,s now i do like them!....they are soo comfy and a must for me economical, 45/50mpg ..Take care Bob.(Sometimes, Sharron) lol

Comment

Hi Bob,
        Some of us are going to Kingsley Water Park in the middle lands fri 3rd dec. There's a tread in the fancy meeting up section. Just in case you wanted to talk C15 s and eat fresh bread if i learn how the machine works.

Comment

If you can't get your bread machine to work, you could take along the part-baked dough rolls. I bake these whenever I have a hook-up and it's the next best thing to a freshly-baked loaf!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu Venture, Cleethorpes View Post
            Hi Graham, yes your right there! i would make my jollys obviously, with a visit to Norfolk! I cannot wait to put my gear back in a camper again! Having had 5 c15,s now i do like them!....they are soo comfy and a must for me economical, 45/50mpg ..Take care Bob.(Sometimes, Sharron) lol
            Hi Bob nice to see you contributing to our pages again......... just doesn't look the same without a C15 parked up outside you house, I watch with interest to a new roma showing up soon, just not the same without it, happy hunting, spend some of that doshwonga, I did........
            Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
            'Live without regrets'

Comment

Fresh Bread,. mmm

Well the idea of yummy fresh baked bread,(with lurpak) mmm i some how dont think ill have a camper in time for that tho iff Gadgetman, goes we can maybe bunk up lol, Bri,..... were off to drain our static down 2moro, (sunday) , were leaving about 5am, ish and im NOT looking 4ward to driving down to the broads this weather!! Brrr, keep by ya phone Bri!!......Being a NUDIST campsite, the site should be pretty much, M.T. apart, from the REAL hardy souls,..............Bob .

Comment

An aside on the subject of bread

I have often mixed up the bread dough, by machine or by hand, and kept the dough in a cool box or fridge and taken in camping.uncooked,

To cook you can then cook it as flat breads in a frying pan OR on sticks on a campfire.... OR am sure the cobb would cook then or a kettle type barbecue with a lid.

Great fun can recommend.

Comment

Hi Roamingsue, all sounds great regarding the bread making, I just get the part baked bread in the airtight packets, always in the cupboards in the van, keeps for ages, then just plug in the remoska and fresh sticks of bread in no time, way to go..........
                  'Live without regrets'

Comment

What a brilliant idea! I bought a Remoska about a year ago but have only used it so far for heating up pies of various sorts and fish and chips.
                    Thanks for that. Can't really match it for ideas but I do always do some hard boiled eggs at home and take them for sandwiches and to add to salads. I have found that quite useful on short trips.

Comment

Hi Bluebell, I use my remoska all the time, in fact it's on at the moment here at home doing a jacket potato now they are fantastic done in the remoska, cut in half on goes the butter then a mix of tunamayonnaise happy eating.
                      'Live without regrets'

Comment

Withdrawal symptoms

I remember some time ago that Baldy bantam (Margaret) bought a dreampot from the same people I think who make Cobbs. I know she was pretty happy with it at the time but wonder if it has proved to be a good purchase in the long term. Some of the Australian cooking utensils have tempted me in the past but now I camp in luxury they would just be an expensive toy! The cobb looks very attractive but I probably woudnt use it that much as I have a Remoska and a double skillet which I use all the time at home and away.
                        Lizzie

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X