This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all lurkers/readers of the forum

If you like reading the forum then please consider replying to the threads with some comments of your own, or starting a thread yourself. We have a lovely group of regular posters who keep the forum going with their advice, interesting posts and comments and without these posts the forum would die. New threads and posts are the life blood of a forum.

If everyone just read the forum there wouldn't be anything of interest to read eventually. So please consider interacting with our friendly community, you will find that you will be welcomed, no posts are silly, no comments not worth posting and you won't get ridiculed or told off by anyone here.

We have lots of interesting section in which to start a post or comment on a post, we talk about everything here not just camping. So have a browse round and see if you can join in to make our community even more interesting and friendly.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

I've been lurking whilst waiting on taking delivery of my van, hopefully in the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed!)

Then you will be fed up with me posting on here asking random questions

Comment

That's fine - random questions are our speciality!

Comment

Originally posted by *ay*carumba* View Post
        I've been lurking whilst waiting on taking delivery of my van, hopefully in the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed!)

We never get fed up

Hope all goes well with the delivery, lovely time of year to get it, all that spring and summer stretching out in front of you

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
          That's fine - random questions are our speciality!
          And the more obscure, the better!
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

van typ

Originally posted by *ay*carumba* View Post

Hi are you geting a R20 off freeborne with toilet in you can p.m ose

Comment

Petrol Cookers

Originally posted by Graham View Post
              If you like reading the forum then please consider replying to the threads with some comments of your own, or starting a thread yourself. We have a lovely group of regular posters who keep the forum going with their advice, interesting posts and comments and without these posts the forum would die. New threads and posts are the life blood of a forum.

If everyone just read the forum there wouldn't be anything of interest to read eventually. So please consider interacting with our friendly community, you will find that you will be welcomed, no posts are silly, no comments not worth posting and you won't get ridiculed or told off by anyone here.

We have lots of interesting section in which to start a post or comment on a post, we talk about everything here not just camping. So have a browse round and see if you can join in to make our community even more interesting and friendly.
              Hi All.
              I am a regular reader and follower of this forum and I think it is great.
              I have had a few camping units over the years starting with tents , a very short time with a Caravan and moved on to Campervans , a Transit , a Bedford , a LDV Convoy a Mazda Demountable and now a Peugoet Partner witch I converted myself. I have tried camping clubs and meet ups found on the internet and enjoyed most of them especialy the informal ones with campfires and people just doing there own thing. I now mainly do free camping, going where I feel and stopping where I feel . For cooking I have 2 petrol stoves Both Colman one is a single burner and I also have a double ring duel fuel Colman stove . The single stove I do use inside the van just for a cup of Tea and toast the double burner I use outside and cook anything I want no problems. Everyone I meet seem to frown on the idea of petrol stoves but my experience of them is fine ,no problems finding fuel for them and used properly no worse than gas. I would like to know what other people think about this and what are peoples worries , are folk frightened by petrol, as most of our vans are full of it.
              I speak from experience I am 76 years old done lots of camping UK and Europe and so for loved every minute of it. I havnt made lots of postings on this forum and this thread made me think I should go for it the forum is great and lots of advice to be found and should be supported by me anyway. Good luck everyone and keep posting . I will be reading and maybe posting a bit more.

rominron.

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                Hi are you geting a R20 off freeborne with toilet in you can p.m ose
                Hi Diggdeep

No, I'm not getting an R20, I'm getting a Devon Sunrise from Freeborn Southampton. Have you had dealings with the Southampton branch?

Comment

Just picked up a Romini for my mum..

Just picked up a Romini for my mum.. hoping to get her folowing me to a few camp sites.
                  Where do i find the build number etc

Its got loads of accessories, including an awning and a cover, hoping to get it all up and see what it looks like tomorrow

Comment

If you open the Romini door and look at the hinge side there should be a six figure number there which will be the model number and date & year made. Hope she enjoys her new 'baby'

Comment

Originally posted by Rosignal View Post
                      Just picked up a Romini for my mum.. hoping to get her folowing me to a few camp sites.

Its got loads of accessories, including an awning and a cover, hoping to get it all up and see what it looks like tomorrow
                      Perhaps you have not noticed the "Romini" section on this Forum.
                      There are quite a lot of posts about Romini build numbers and their interpretation and the "mysterious 7" in that section.
                      You will also find that Pamsicle is our leading modifier, with some intriguing ideas on modifications. And also the knitter of Rominis too!
                      Jim
                      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosignal View Post

Hi and welcome

As Twolitre (Jim) says we have a thriving Romini community on the forum with a section dedicated to talking about Rominis, you can read the posts and join in the chat here http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...omini-Caravans
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post

I just wondered if we could start a going gopod thread we have a caravan "tin tent " and a romini thread so why not ?Buzzndave in peg the pod
                          BuzznDave

Comment

Originally posted by David stringer View Post
                            I just wondered if we could start a going gopod thread we have a caravan "tin tent " and a romini thread so why not ?Buzzndave in peg the pod
                            Hi Dave

We originally didn't have any sections for caravans, just motorhomes, then more members joined who owned various types of caravans so we added a caravan section, then we noticed that lots of people joined who owned Rominis so we added a Romini section, at the moment there are insufficient numbers of Gopod owners to warrant a separate section but we will be happy to add one at a later date if lots join, meanwhile Gopods are caravans so you can post in that section and put Gopod in the title then people will know what the subject is about.
                            Graham

Comment

Originally posted by rominron View Post
                              Hi All.
                              I am a regular reader and follower of this forum and I think it is great.
                              I have had a few camping units over the years starting with tents , a very short time with a Caravan and moved on to Campervans , a Transit , a Bedford , a LDV Convoy a Mazda Demountable and now a Peugoet Partner witch I converted myself. I have tried camping clubs and meet ups found on the internet and enjoyed most of them especialy the informal ones with campfires and people just doing there own thing. I now mainly do free camping, going where I feel and stopping where I feel . For cooking I have 2 petrol stoves Both Colman one is a single burner and I also have a double ring duel fuel Colman stove . The single stove I do use inside the van just for a cup of Tea and toast the double burner I use outside and cook anything I want no problems. Everyone I meet seem to frown on the idea of petrol stoves but my experience of them is fine ,no problems finding fuel for them and used properly no worse than gas. I would like to know what other people think about this and what are peoples worries , are folk frightened by petrol, as most of our vans are full of it.
                              I speak from experience I am 76 years old done lots of camping UK and Europe and so for loved every minute of it. I havnt made lots of postings on this forum and this thread made me think I should go for it the forum is great and lots of advice to be found and should be supported by me anyway. Good luck everyone and keep posting . I will be reading and maybe posting a bit more.

rominron.
                              Great to see your comments - and will be interested to see what replies you get. I currently have C15 hylo (butane gas stove) but for various reasons need to sell it and am thinking of an Amdro kit for my peugeot partner - they have alcohol stoves. I used to use gas stoves for camping (ie in tents) but my partner often used petrol stoves. I have always been happy with gas stoves . The only problem I have with the romahome gas stove is that is is butane and in cold winter weather has sometimes failed to light. Had this happened more often I might have considered changing to propane cylinder but for now I usually carry a mini camping stove inside the van for emergencies

Comment