This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone
    My name is Margaret, I have a toyota Hiace camper. Have had it for 4yrs and mainly been around the North of Scotland.

Hello Margaret

You are very welcome, so glad you have joined us. Lots of friendly chat on here, you'll love it.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by margrae View Post
      Hi everyone
      My name is Margaret, I have a toyota Hiace camper. Have had it for 4yrs and mainly been around the North of Scotland.
      Hello Margaret. We looked at some Toyota camper vans and were quite tempted before we sold our souls to VW! What sort of conversion do you have? Our very first business van was a Liteace - lovely vehicle!
      Mary

Comment

Hello

When I went to the NEC motorhome show a couple of years ago to check out the R10, I ended up spending as much time looking at a lovely Hiace conversion.

One day I'll drive the van up to the North of Scotland...one day...
        Neil

Comment

Originally posted by 1_man_and_his_dob(lo) View Post
          Hello

One day I'll drive the van up to the North of Scotland...one day...
          Don't do it! It is so addictive, you'll never want to go anywhere else except North! I love Scotland, until the last few years regularly drove from here to beyond Inverness in a (very long) day - only 400 miles! I have the yearning to go again, but can't see me doing that tugging the tin tent!

Hi Margaret! I love the Toyotas!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            Don't do it! It is so addictive, you'll never want to go anywhere else except North! I love Scotland, until the last few years regularly drove from here to beyond Inverness in a (very long) day - only 400 miles! I have the yearning to go again, but can't see me doing that tugging the tin tent!
            You got to Polstead and back OK...it's only, what, twice as far?

Just remember to release that handbrake before you set off

(runs for cover)

Hang on....I forgot about the midges....
            Neil

Comment

From here to Polstead - 198 miles x 2 to get home again is just short of 400 miles.

So it's double to the highlands where I used to go - 400 miles each way.

Am pondering a C&CC TSH in Dumfries & Galloway in June though for a week. Only 246 miles each way. And at 10 per unit per night is extremely cheap - the proper campsites in that area are charging £25-£30 per night in high season!

I will remember to take the handbrake off! LOL

Midges aren't a problem in Scotland in high season if you stay on the coast, not inland. Or go to Kintyre (370 miles each way from here), virtually midge free in all seasons!
              Last edited by jayjay; 13-03-2011, 11:09.

Comment