This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the North West

Hello everyone, this is a rather late introduction as I've been using the forum for a few months now, loving the friendliness and helpful advice!

We had an R20 hylo until 2 days ago, now there is a fantastic R25 sitting on the drive! We loved the Hylo, but found that with 2 of us and a dog, we needed to erect the awning each time, particularly as said dog has grown a little larger than we anticipated

I retired last year, and recovered from a fairly lengthy period when I couldn't legally drive because of cataracts. Both lenses replaced in eyes, can see absolutely brilliantly, free from work obligations, new van - the world is our oyster

Hello again, glad you are finding the forum useful and friendly, we are like one big family but without the arguments.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi!

Also from the north west! It sounds like you've had some hard times, so now is the time to get out and enjoy!

Comment

Enjoy the new freedom

Dabs

Comment

Good luck with your new van - it sounds as though you deserve some fun. Lots of sites and sights out there just waiting for you.
          Mary

Comment

Well done Von,
            The cataract op is scary but works really well,have a great summer in your new van.
            Best wishes
            Ian
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thankyou for all your welcoming replies everyone
              Last year was very difficult - having been longsighted all my adult life I became extremely shortsighted very very rapidly, apparently caused by hardening of the lens. It was great for reading the small print (very small print!), but I couldn't see more than a few feet, the condition was deteriorating all the time, and new prescriptions couldn't keep up - by the time the new glasses arrived, I needed new ones! Not being able to drive nearly drove me demented, and public transport was a nightmare as I couldn't read the bus or train destinations. I got through it all with the help of friends who were extremely generous and thoughtful, taxiing me around whenever they could.

Ian, yes the ops were scary - it sounds as though you might have had some experience yourself. Now, however my sight is brilliant, back to being longsighted again, only needing glasses for small print. I am just so very thankful that I live in an age when such ops are possible - only a few decades ago I would have been facing the rest of my life becoming increasingly blind. I also really appreciate the freedom and choices I have, which I took for granted before, and realise how very lucky I am! (That's before even thinking about the new van and all that that offers!)

Comment

Hello from the North West

Hi from the North East, glad to hear all is well for you now, that's Just brilliant.
                Yes cataracts I know just what you went through, not nice, I had my right eye done some time ago now, but due to my insulin controlled diabetic condition I now have glaucoma in both eyes, this is controlled with Xalatan eye drops taken daily, I now have to attend hospital for that very important eye inspection every six months, for the past two years all is fine, I can see absolutely brilliantly.
                Thank god for just what they can do today, not so many years ago I would not be driving, end of.
                Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                'Live without regrets'

Comment

Hi Bryan,
                  Sorry to hear about the glaucoma - a friend of ours is diabetic, and has to have the regular eye checks too, she's always so relieved when she's pronounced ok. Can well imagine how difficult it is to live with. As you say, thank God for modern medicine!
                  Look forward to meeting up with you at some time at one of the meets,
                  Kind regards,
                  Yvonne

Comment

Hi Yvonne
                    With your fantastic R25 sitting on the drive very nice, I bet you can't wait to get out in it, I purchased my Herald Squire last September and only used it for a trip to Derbyshire for a long weekend to try it out, then home for checking it over, service, MOT, and doing certain work inside to suit me mainly electrics, before I knew it the winter was on us and what a winter we had on the East Coast.
                    I'm off to Ireland tomorrow for six days visiting my daughter in Dublin, without my van this time I may add, but with spring just round the corner I'm excited about meets I'm booked on for 2011.
                    Next year 2012 I plan an extended tour through France from north to south ending up at Nice where my son lives, the trip should take me two months in all, but now being widowed time means nothing, I went to Mojacar in southern of Spain for a break when I lost my wife and stayed there for two and a half years, loved it, just do it.
                    Yes look forward to meeting up with you at some meet on your travels in your R25
                    Kind regards
                    Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                    'Live without regrets'

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X