This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the north west

HI Everybody, I am also looking to to buy a used campervan, I am thinking about the citoen romahome I like the layout and the mpg figures haven't seen one live yet. I would appreciate any comments on what to look for when buying one of these vehicles. cheers Rod.

Welcome Rod
    Im another from NW,non van owner at the moment but working on it,welcome to the forum!
    I will probably go down the Mazda Bongo route again but have an open mind on what is next.
    Good luck in the search for a van

Dabs

Comment

Hello!

I hope you find the van for you!

Apart from the obvious things to do with engines (if you don't know yourself, get a car mechanic mate to look over things engine-wise), check that it's big enough for you! These vehicles are deceptively large looking in photos and look very spacious, but lie down on the bed and make sure it's long enough, and that you can cope with the reduced height of the roof.

Check that all gas appliances have been serviced and are working properly. Check that the lights work on 12v (and therefore that the leisure battery is ok) and also that the pump works for the sink.

Lots more advice if you look in the Romahome section of the forum.

Comment

Hi Sinbad

Welcome to the forum, are you looking at C15 Romahomes or Berlingo Romahomes, as always the more money you have to spend the better van you will get.

Have you seen our main website there is lots of information on Romahomes on there.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi again thanks, yes it is the c15 I am thinking about,I was wondering if there are any known areas in the bodywork and under bodywork to look out for.I am not in hurry so have plenty of time to learncheers.

Comment

Hello from another North West Motorhome user.

I'm afraid I know little about the C15 but have friends who have the Roma 25 which is amazing. So well made and economical with space etc. The finish is very professional and the van has every thing you could want.

I hope you find what you are looking for - folks on this site are very friendly and also very knowledgeable and will give you first rate advice.

Comment

Hi Sinbad,
              I think you would really benefit from trawling the 'Ask Ant' and 'Technical' areas of the forum, also the archived Q & A's theres lots of experience of the C15 there, I've been looking recently. Here are some things I've picked up on....It seems that the diesel engines are economic and reliable when serviced regularly, body areas are bonnet (front edge) and front doors and crucial area for rust is the bulkhead (between cab and engine) There are (I think) potential issues if the back suspension needs replacing/work. Brakes often get a mention and benefit from adjustment.
              I'll stress I'm not an owner (but may be soon!) so others will know much better what to look for.... Any C15 will be at least 10yrs old and they stretch back to 1987(?), so will need checking and on-going maintainance!
              I have the overall impression that they are very good, eminently servicable and quirky vehicles.

Good fortune
              Andy van

Comment

When looking for a C15 beware of those that have had the camper body transferred to a later vehicle. Any with a reg post 2001 would be suspect.

Many of the problems with C15s have been listed above. We had a C15 for 3 years and sold it for what we paid for it (although I did do some work on it). many people selling them (private and dealers) dont really know what they are selling. If you are mechanically minded or have friends or relatives who are then there are bargains out there. If not go to someone like Ant at Avon who is very reliable.

We now have an Outlook. We are in Lancashire, I think that counts as the northwest

Comment

I believe there is one for sale on the forum, belonging to Shaz. It will give you an idea of price of private sales. Good luck with your search.:

Comment

Hi folks, thank you all for the replies, I have been looking at the suggested places on the forum and I am sure I will learn all I need to know.Thanks for the welcome and info Rod.

Comment

motorhome

go for a citron berlingo get the out look best thing we did us it as a car and weeks away we are get a new one some this month go look put romahomes site up have a look round deler in west yorks as some in

Comment

I'm getting my new R20 next Monday from Ant in Bristol, before that I had a Hylo he is very helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                          I'm getting my new R20 next Monday from Ant in Bristol, before that I had a Hylo he is very helpful
                          Wahay! bring it to Morton in Marsh and show off and strut your stuff.
                          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

When is it?

Comment

Good luck with it Megan. I am sure you will have some wonderful times in it.
                              I have yet to find something more relaxing than sitting on a campsite, in our Romahome, with a cuppa tea & a slice of cake & a good book.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X