....and hello from me....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....and hello from me....

Hi Everyone, was told about this forum, and I have to say what a goldmine of information, and how lovely to see so many friendly people!

I am just about to buy my first ever small camper, just for me. Been thru a messy divorce, and have a little left over from the settlement, so want to venture out into the big wide world all on my own like a big girl. Never gone away on my own before, and never gone off to do my own thing, ever, either... having always been told what to do, when, where and how...this is a little sh*t scary...but its also totally exciting! Really weird to get to your midlife to then start living a bit....

I have occasionally slept in the back of my car for the odd job that I am away from home (I work as a film Extra), and I want to learn to do landscape photography...so it seems to be the right time to combine the two and go for it....

Looking at a Daihatsu on Wednesday before I go, waiting to hear back from a suzuki, and now have a bambi in the mix....any advice, suggestions etc will be very welcome at this stage. Going to Cornwall on Thursday (the old fashioned way..car boot and tent for now...) .but will get nosey in the campsite if anything interesting looking is there....

Luvs to ya'all
    Sandy xx

Hello Sandy64 and welcome again!
    They are a great bunch on here, sharing everything including their sandwiches too!!

Good luck with the search. There are a few lone lady campers on here, all much more adventurous than I would be and I'm sure they'll give you lots of pointers. Welcome to the big wide world
    Last edited by SandraM; 19-09-2017, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Welcome Sandy, it's great to have you onboard, good luck with your search and keep us informed.

There will be some more vans coming up for sale on the main website soon so keep an eye out.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/smal...-for-sale.html
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also shop online at our Accessories Store

Comment

Hello and welcome Sandy.

Good luck with your search. My only suggestion at this stage would be not to rush.

Are they van conversions or coach builds you are looking at?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Guys and Girls! I am looking at the tiny vans with pods on Dapple,....so Daihatsu, Bambi and the Suzuki ones. Think they all come under the Romahome title....

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy64 View Post
            Thanks for the welcome Guys and Girls! I am looking at the tiny vans with pods on Dapple,....so Daihatsu, Bambi and the Suzuki ones. Think they all come under the Romahome title....
            No, they are not all Romahomes which is a specific brand name.But we understand what you mean. Take a look at the For Sale section of this forum, you are more likely to get a good vehicle that way.

How about this one, its basic.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-pa...wAAOSw2gxYwrAT
            Last edited by Ian.C.S; 18-09-2017, 08:54 PM.
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Sandy, my advice would be to look at as many as you can. Campsites are a good option to see others and ask them about their vans. For me the main consideration would be how independent you want to be. It depends on what type of camping you intend to do, If you stay on non facility sites then you will want a loo or space to put and use a portaloo inside without having to venture outside the van at night. You can also get loo tents but that would mean venturing outside.

Good luck with your selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy64 View Post
                Never gone away on my own before, and never gone off to do my own thing, ever, either... having always been told what to do, when, where and how...this is a little sh*t scary.....
                Looking at a Daihatsu on Wednesday before I go, waiting to hear back from a suzuki, and now have a bambi in the mix....any advice, suggestions etc will be very welcome at this stage. Going to Cornwall......
                Hello there, I've found that camping is a great way to get your mind off anything. The only thing that may be different when on your own is that there isn't another person there with you to lend you a pair of socks when you've forgotten to pack a spare pair! (My other half had to wear my pink socks once!) . Cornwall is great to travel around in a car, the best roads are too steep for caravans/motorhomes, if you are into photography I think think that's the best way to appreciate it. As for choosing a motorhome, the bambi is cute as a button but I think the bed is up a ladder while with vans everything is on ground level. So the main thing is do you like climbing. We went to a motorhome show this year and I found all the vans to be really great. The most important thing is having a loo, I don't know if Bambi has one, Romahomes don't and you have to stash one away in a cupboard, thus losing cupboard space! On the other hand, one person travelling would pack less things. Not necessarily, of course, depends how much "home" you'd like to take "away from home"!

Comment

Originally posted by Chumsley View Post

The most important thing is having a loo, I don't know if Bambi has one, Romahomes don't and you have to stash one away in a cupboard, thus losing cupboard space!
                  Chumsley Our Romahome has a cassette toilet and shower.

Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also shop online at our Accessories Store

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X