No announcement yet.

Hi, new to the forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geoff, I have done a couple of conversions. My advice would be - do not try to re-invent the wheel. Take a look at professional converters offerings. See what looks good and if you think you can do better ask yourself why has no converter done this?
    Maybe ask Dapple for some pictures of his van as it is much the same size etc.

One of your biggest problems will be weight, it is with all camper vans - no van is designed to be half to 75% loaded all the time - which is what happens when a van is converted. Floor, lining, furnishings, gas, water and our personal stuff.
    My advice - early on investigate and fit either HD springs or Spring Assistors.

I do assure you when you have finished you will feel a real sense of self satisfaction and it will be all worthwhile - be warned you will question why you ever began at times while doing the work!

Jon
    Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Originally posted by Geoffbs View Post
      Not sure what happened there I only purchased one van !!
      No worries, I've removed one for you

Comment

Started the floor insulation today , using celotex 25mm insulation , just got to lay the cross battening then glue and screw , thinking about putting a layer of neoprene or something similar in the grooves C703B464-3624-4CF5-93F5-8F2893E03FF3.jpeg have since removed the bulkhead which really made quite a difference

Comment

Geoff Just a thought - and this would take a great deal of care or it would go horribly wrong!
          If you now laid your ply floor on top of the battens - then drilled holes aligning with the spaces one set at front one set at the rear - then inject expanding foam through the holes the surplus would come out the other end - you would probably want a lot of heavy objects on the ply before you started injecting the foam or it may/will rise.
          If you do it go slowly it keeps expanding for about 5 to 10 minutes.

Jon
          Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

I'm going to use some celotex for the larger gaps, like you said that foam is tricky stuff , will use around the edges though as can easily trim it back when set, thanks for the input any future suggestions gratefully received, have just purchased a foam bed settee on eBay that I'm going to tinker with to make the seating /bed think it might be a tad big!!

Comment

Picked
              up the bed settee this evening , just squeezes in , very comfy , going to raise it with storage underneath and on the sides the have slates or a table to support the middle bit when a bed 4C133F50-6F2F-41B9-BCE7-1D23103E11B2.jpeg

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X