X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from South Lincolnshire

Hi,
    We have a VW Autosleeper Trooper 2006 that we love. Found this forum when doing some research on the Raskelf Duvalays. Our 'rock 'n roll' bed is OK but doesn't do much for my back pain!
    We went to France last September for 3 weeks including the round the ramparts races at Angouleme that were great. We're intending to go to France for the whole of June hence the quest for comfy bedding.
    As a PS Tesco's current Triple Bonus offer means we're 'EuroTunneling' for free.
    Roger
    PS The RogerRam username is from my hometown 'genetic' need to support Derby County!

Hi Roger

So we have a Derby County supporter, I think you are the second Derby fan as John is one too.

I am a Notts County supporter so its nice to have another Forest hater on here.

Raskelf Duvalays are pretty good we love ours but wish they were a bit smaller as they take a lot of room on the luton.

Enjoy your van and welcome to the forum.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Graham,
      Glad you won the other night-always had a soft spot for Notts County.
      Good luck,
      Roger

Comment

Hi RogerRam Notts County, say no more I'm in Lincolnshire up on the east coast in Cleethorpes, and for my troubles like Wolves :so happy: you can blame that on my dad, rest his soul, he use to take me to see them in 1956 when I lived in Lower Gornal, not many have heard of that place, "where they put the pig on the wall to watch the band go by"
        Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
        'Live without regrets'

Comment

Hi Roger - another idea for bedding is to DIY and save a bit of money.

We got inexpensive kingsize 100% cotton duvet covers from Ikea. Sew a line down the length of the cover about a third of the way across (a little wider than your bed) insert memory foam topper cut to fit bed, insert duvet into other section (cut to fit if necessary). VoilĂ !! Memory foam mattress topper with a duvet which folds over on top - a complete bed, which rolls up with ties when not in use. Very inexpensive. Two of these fit easily into the head of our VWT5 complete with various pillows. No more back pain
          Mary

Comment

Hi Mary,

I don't know it's the gender related poor visual-spacial skills but I can't see that in my head at all

You'll have to let us look so I can see what you mean - literally!

BA

Comment

Must be a gender thing, makes perfect sense to me! And sounds like a splendid idea.

Comment

By 'head' I mean the overcab storage area - I think it is also called the 'luton'. Its a magic cupboard that gobbles up everything!
                Mary

Comment

No...not that head.....in MY head!!!

BA

Comment

Thanks

Just to say thanks to all who commented. We bit the bullet yesterday & bought a 1" & a 1.5' Duvalay having played with them at Raskelfs'. We do have some misgivings about the size, because we don't have any upper storage in our van until we're parked. I've attached an image if my shenanigans with Photoshop have worked!

The van choice was motivated to degree by speed & wishing to use it everyday as a 2nd car. For years we've camped, caravanned, gited in France & wanted to be able to cruise at 80mph on the motorways! However, we don't have the benefit of washroom & shower & only have a tiny loo tucked away in a cupboard, so feel a tiny bit envious of all you Romahomers!

We've got the power but not the space & may yet return the Duvalays if our storage ideas don't work out...

Comment

I'm sure after you have slept in the duvalay for one night you will want to make space for it somewhere, they really are comfortable.

We've got two and we were determined we would find space and we did.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I'm confident we will also. If we can find a way of securing them on top of the sink, stove, drainer (elasticated straps with hooks are favourite) we would then have more space, given we don't need our sleeping bags.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X