Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Essex

Hi all,
    I’ve had a couple of small campers in the past (Romahome on a Suzuki with a very dodgy 5th gear, and a Bongo); and I’m looking at getting another.

im a bit torn between another Romahome and perhaps something like a Mk1 Renault Trafic.

cheers
    Dave

Hello and Welcome We looked at an older traffic before buying our Nu-Venture, I couldn't get on with the driving position at all

Comment

Hello and welcome! Good luck with your search

Comment

Hello from Havering.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Dave View Post
          Hi all,
          I’ve had a couple of small campers in the past (Romahome on a Suzuki with a very dodgy 5th gear, and a Bongo); and I’m looking at getting another.

im a bit torn between another Romahome and perhaps something like a Mk1 Renault Trafic.

cheers
          Dave
          Hi Dave,
          I have owned 2 Mk1 Trafics - main problems (goes with all older vehicles), rust (there are some major rust traps one behind the front wheel arch above the front jacking point the other rear quarter - it is near rear spring shackle location).
          I am still a member of the Renault Trafic Motorhome Register - a nice group of people. After rust ridden van after rust ridled van I opted for a Romahome demountable on a Daihatsu HiJet. Most of my work and spending has been on the pod - as if / when the truck expires I will transfer it to another pick-up - I quite fancy a LandRover. Having said that my van has had a custom job and now looks a bit like a VW that has shrunk - I say it was but my partner put it on boil wash). IMHO go for another demountable it will last you a lifetime!

Jon

X new look web.jpg
          Last edited by kernowjon; 10-02-2018, 04:52 PM. Reason: correct typo
          Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Originally posted by kernowjon View Post

Hi Dave,
            I have owned 2 Mk1 Trafics - main problems (goes with all older vehicles), rust (there are some major rust traps one behind the front wheel arch above the front jacking point the other rear quarter - it is near rear spring shackle location).
            I am still a member of the Renault Trafic Motorhome Register - a nice group of people. After rust ridden van after rust ridled van I opted for a Romahome demountable on a Daihatsu HiJet. Most of my work and spending has been on the pod - as if / when the truck expires I will transfer it to another pick-up - I quite fancy a LandRover. Having said that my van has had a custom job and now looks a bit like a VW that has shrunk - I say it was but my partner put it on boil wash). IMHO go for another demountable it will last you a lifetime!

Jon

X new look web.jpg
            Hey, that's cute kernowjon ! It sounds very sensible to me to have a demountable pod if your base vehicle is getting on in years. Jon, I think you'll notice a bit of a difference in fuel consumption if you change to a Land Rover from your Daihatsu!

By the way, welcome to the original poster, Diesel Dave! You'll find lots to interest you on the forum, I'm sure. Always plenty of helpful advice to be had from forum members. Good luck with your search for a suitable unit; keep us in touch with your search findings!
            Cynthia.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post

Hey, that's cute kernowjon ! It sounds very sensible to me to have a demountable pod if your base vehicle is getting on in years. Jon, I think you'll notice a bit of a difference in fuel consumption if you change to a Land Rover from your Daihatsu!

By the way, welcome to the original poster, Diesel Dave! You'll find lots to interest you on the forum, I'm sure. Always plenty of helpful advice to be had from forum members. Good luck with your search for a suitable unit; keep us in touch with your search findings!
              Cynthia.
              Cynthia, Thanks for the compliment thats what I was having done in Bridgewater just before Xmas. Yes I know about the fuel, although the HiJet struggles to do over 30mpg my last diesel LandRover an old series 2 with 2.2 Perkins did 25 mpg - I think a "modern" Ford DI will hit 30 or nearly!
              Jon
              Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X