This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly new!

Hello everyone. Although I joined the forum last "summer"(?) when I had just bought my first 'van - a gorgeous 1998 Duo Plus - I've left it a bit late to introduce myself. Well, better late ...etc. Haven't ventured far in "Myfanwy" yet (three nights in Shropshire and Ceredigion) as I've not had much of an opportunity but in the last few months I've had a leisure battery fitted (I have no EHU but don't really want that) and am looking forward to next spring and summer when perhaps me and my springer spaniel - Gwilym - can start our adventures. I live in Gwynedd , which when the weather is ok is too beautiful to leave, but am planning a few trips to the rest of Wales, north Yorkshire and perhaps Ireland. Hope I can raise my hand to one or more of you all on our journeys. Happy 2010 to you all.
    Gill.

Hello Gill

Thanks for introducing yourself, its nice to "meet" you. The weather hasn't been very good for camping has it? Except of course for some of our very hardy band of winter campers on here.

I hope you and Gwilym have some great times ahead of you in your van.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello Gill,
      We're on our second Romahome. Our first was a C15 Hylo to test the water, I liked it so much that three years later I sold the van and my car and now use my Outlook day in and day out. We're in North Wales too, but in the far less scenic Flintshire, so often head over your way. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as we do ours.
      Aileen

Comment

Hello

Hi Aileen,

Thanks for your response . I live on the Llŷn peninsula so if ever you are coming this way, let me know and perhaps we can meet up. Happy 2010.

Comment

Hi from me too! And a happy new year to you also!

I live in South Cheshire, not far from Wales, so go there quite a lot... My son was at Aberystwyth University until he graduated last year, so I know my way there pretty well now! LOL.

Am planning a small break to Aberaron next spring sometime, so maybe we could meet up at some point? I'll be in my little caravan though (see caravan threads for saga), having sold my dearly missed Romahome.

Aileen, I love Flint Castle! And you don't even have to pay to go in!

Comment

Hi jayjay,

Thanks for getting in touch and your good wishes. Would love to meet up when you come to Aberdaron. There are loads of campsites around there to choose from, as you probably know.

All the best,

Gill.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Graham. Yep; it is far too cold for me to venture forth yet but am contenting myself with my hopes for better weather in 2010 for us all. Love the website.

Cheers,

Gill.

Comment

Hi, Gill.

Wales and North Yorkshire are the most likely places you will spot me in my recently bought Duo Plus. Hope your springer does not eat cheeky Yorkies!
                Regards,
                Tony (and Barney).

Comment

Lleyn Penisula? Lucky you. Our very first trip in our van was to Aberdaron, and we head there at least once a year. Seems we could have a little North Wales, North West contingency here!
                  And Tony, I haven't been to Flint Castle for years, so must reacquaint myself with it.
                  Aileen.

Comment

Originally posted by gill View Post
                    Hi jayjay,

Thanks for getting in touch and your good wishes. Would love to meet up when you come to Aberdaron. There are loads of campsites around there to choose from, as you probably know.

All the best,

Gill.
                    It will be Aberaeron, (sorry, got the spelling wrong before!) that's between Aberystwyth and New Quay! I've been to Aberdaron, but can't for the life of me remember where it is! LOL!

Ok, just looked it up on the map! We went there years ago in a tent! LOL! Maybe that would be better than Aberaraeron, less hilly!

Comment

Originally posted by alive23512 View Post
                      Hi, Gill.

Wales and North Yorkshire are the most likely places you will spot me in my recently bought Duo Plus. Hope your springer does not eat cheeky Yorkies!
                      Regards,
                      Tony (and Barney).
                      Hi Tony and Barney.

If I spot a Duo Plus around here - or in north Yorkshire - I'll definitely look out for a cheeky Yorkie.

Gill

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                        It will be Aberaeron, (sorry, got the spelling wrong before!) that's between Aberystwyth and New Quay! I've been to Aberdaron, but can't for the life of me remember where it is! LOL!

Ok, just looked it up on the map! We went there years ago in a tent! LOL! Maybe that would be better than Aberaraeron, less hilly!
                        hi Jayjay,

Aberdaron is definitely lovelier than Aberaeron; but I would say that, wouldn't I? Seriously though, they are both super places for a trip.

Gill.

Comment

Originally posted by Aileen View Post
                          Lleyn Penisula? Lucky you. Our very first trip in our van was to Aberdaron, and we head there at least once a year. Seems we could have a little North Wales, North West contingency here!
                          And Tony, I haven't been to Flint Castle for years, so must reacquaint myself with it.
                          Aileen.
                          Aileen and Tony.

I must visit Flint Castle. ashamed to say, I never have up to now.
                          Hope you make it to Aberdaron again this year, Aileen. Don't forget, post a message when you are coming here again in case we can meet up for a chat.

Gill.

Comment

Originally posted by gill View Post
                            hi Jayjay,

Aberdaron is definitely lovelier than Aberaeron; but I would say that, wouldn't I? Seriously though, they are both super places for a trip.

Gill.
                            Aberdaron has a sandy beach, Aberaeron is all pebbles, so Aberdaron it is! I am just planning somewhere I can find for my parents... who are following me on some trips but they have prerequisites for camping which include:
                            a fish and chip shop - Dad
                            a town with a street full of shops - Mum, although she never buys anything...

otherwise I get the oft heard cry of 'But there's nothing there!'

I don't need the above, just peace and quiet! And a beach if poss.

Comment

hi all - I'm down the road a bit at Welshpool - there are quite a few of us about here, and caz is in Oswestry...I have a Bongo now, only since november and camped once but love it.....
                              I'd let myself go but I've already gone......:D

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X