As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from NW England

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NW England

Hi. I am very excited because we will be collecting our new R20 Hilo in a couple of weeks
    Am now in the process of putting together 'the bottom drawer' for it. Some of our camping equipment will be finding a new lease of life but there seem to be several pieces of essential equpment still to buy / acquire.
    Can anyone give me useful advice re levelling chocks and the best internal silver screen to buy, please? Any other useful tips for essentials?
    Thanks.
    NomadSue2011
    Carpe diem! :)

Hi Sue

Congratulations on your new purchase you can't go wrong with Romahomes, you will love it.

For levelling blocks we have these http://astore.amazon.co.uk/smallmoca...ail/B00116ADJU

and our internal silver screen is this one INTERNAL SILVER SCREEN but not sure it will fit an R20.

Hope you have some great holidays in your new van.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello Sue ... welcome to the forum!! Nice to have another Northerner!

Comment

Hey! If that is North (England), what are those people who live in Cumbria or Northumbria etc. Even I live further North than Cheshire in the Midlands!
        Still good to have you on the Forum.
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hello and welcome,
          You can't be too far away from us either, we're in Flintshire, not too far over the border from Chester.
          Aileen

Comment

Hello from Ashton under Lyne! If you want external silver screens, try Silver Screens, Cleckheaton, excellent quality, will last for years

Comment

Hi from the NE Lincolnshire region and welcome, have to agree with VonUK Silver Screens are fantastic quality :so happy: enjoy your R20, see you in a field.
              Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
              'Live without regrets'

Comment

Hello from me too - here on the South Cheshire, North Staffs border. And still classed as the North West!

If you have a little spirit leveller that would be a good addition to your equipment! I have a little red one which works great, I put it on the floor near the door and fridge and level it from there.
                Last edited by jayjay; 15-05-2011, 10:34.

Comment

Hi there from another from the North West [Ashton under Lyne]. I'm also gathering things for my new [to me] Talbot Express. Very stupidly I got rid of all my camping gear when my son grew up as I didn't ever dream I would need it again but it's great fun collecting things together again.

You'll find this forum really friendly and helpful and if someone can't answer a query they generally 'know a man that can'

Comment

Hi from me I am also not far from Chester either, congratulations on picking up your new home soon.#

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                      Hello from me too - here on the South Cheshire, North Staffs border. And still classed as the North West!

If you have a little spirit leveller that would be a good addition to your equipment! I have a little red one which works great, I put it on the floor near the door and fridge and level it from there.
                      I never know where to put mine for the best, because everything seems wonky to me! I level it by opening the cupboard doors and whichever way they swing tells me how it needs to be levelled ... sort of!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                        I never know where to put mine for the best, because everything seems wonky to me! I level it by opening the cupboard doors and whichever way they swing tells me how it needs to be levelled ... sort of!!
                        I dont think you can really tell for sure until 2am in the morning and you start falling out of bed!
                        Mary

Comment

Hi again

Hi everyone.
                          Thanks for all the replies. I'll follow through with the suggestions re chocks and silver screens.
                          Ho ho, I particularly liked Dolly's point re how to tell if your van is level Wasn't such a potential problem when camping - not very far to fall!
                          I agree that it is rather strange classifying Cheshire as the NW - perhaps when Warrington belonged to Lancashire it was more accurate?!
                          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X