As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change of Plan

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of Plan

Well, this week we were supposed to be in Ayrshire in our tent.

Then last Wednesday we saw the 7 day weather forecast, thought
    "Hmm, no thanks", and now we're due to collect our first motorhome on Saturday!

We may award a small prize to the first person who can deduce the model from our user name ... a pair of used "L" plates perhaps.

So greetings from a couple of motorhome beginners. All I need now is to figure out how to get enough time off work to make good use of our purchase.

Geoff & Sue
    Geoff

Hi Geoff and Sue

I know what your unit is because I have just looked at your profile , with a strange username like that I was suspicious you were a spammer and was about to delete your account.

Welcome to the forum and your username is very clever, I love it.

Have fun in your van and look forward to maybe meeting you one day at meet.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo0 View Post

We may award a small prize to the first person who can deduce the model from our user name ...
      Hello Geoff and Sue

I was going to claim the prize but Graham beat me to it, but then perhaps he should not be allowed to enter.

Good luck with your R20, I am sure you have some great travels ahead of you, there is nothing more lovely than the rain beating down on the roof of your motorhome
      Mary

Comment

Hello to you both and welcome to the lovely world of motorhoming! You' find it's a big difference comfort- and weather-wise!

Comment

Hello from the NW! Like you we moved to a motorhome after a very long apprentice ship with tents, and for the same reasons.- Our 'route' was something like this - Vango force 10 for a number of years, Kyham larger easy erect for several years more, Pennine folding camper,for another few years, old Talbot Express Avalon, our first motorhome which took us faithfully around France and is now owned by a friend, Romahome R20, but the dog outgrew it, and now an R25, which for us is our ideal, and potentially will last us for the rest of our travelling years :so happy::so happy:

You'll get lots of friendly advice on this forum, folk are incredibly helpful

Comment

Delay...

thank you all for your welcome to this site. Sorry we made you suspicious with our name - I am the webmaster for our walking group so maybe I should have known better!

Anyway we have heard that there is a delay with the registration and we cannot pick up our R2 unit tomorrow after all, so I am spending some time reading your interesting site, especially the recipes. I am now looking online for a double skillet as that looks useful. I am looking forward to some more versatile menus than some of my "one-pot" creations when we no longer need to rely on tins & ice-packs.

Some of your other articles have answered one or two of our "I wonder if it will have..." questions.
            Sue
            Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo0 View Post
              thank you all for your welcome to this site. Sorry we made you suspicious with our name - I am the webmaster for our walking group so maybe I should have known better!

Anyway we have heard that there i
              s a delay with the registration and we cannot pick up our R2 unit tomorrow after all, so I am spending some time reading your interesting site, especially the recipes. I am now looking online for a double skillet as that looks useful. I am looking forward to some more versatile menus than some of my "one-pot" creations when we no longer need to rely on tins & ice-packs.

Some of your other articles have answered one or two of our "I wonder if it will have..." questions.
              Sue
              Glad you are finding the website useful Sue, all the recipes have been cooked in the various small motorhomes we have had over the years by Pauline, so all tried and tested.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for the van.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Welcome to the happy band of motorhomers. I reckon you've got yourselves a Romahome R20. Arrrh Tooo O? Anyway, whatever, you'll enjoy it. Weatherwise, well, we're off to Scotland on Thursday and damn the weather. It's a kind of madness. Good luck and enjoy. Graham and Carole

Comment

Welcome Artoo0. You will find the double skillet if you google it. Its only available from one place I believe,in Norfolk, but well worth the cost. Its the only pan we take in our Roma now.

Comment

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
                    we're off to Scotland on Thursday and damn the weather. It's a kind of madness. Good luck and enjoy. Graham and Carole
                    Had we made the decision to buy the 'van a week or so earlier, then we'd also have said "damn the weather", so the madness was already there!
                    I suspect that the friends we were supposed to be sailing with this weekend haven't taken their boat out of Oban marina though, and not just because of our absence!

Anyway, many thanks for the warm welcomes and good wishes from all of you.

I see guessing the unit wasn't too difficult then!

Geoff
                    Geoff

Comment

Got it!!

Picked up this morning and the M62 & M60 safely negotiated back to Stockport.

Had a dummy run at packing it this afternoon and found there's actually more space than we expected.

We have too many other things to do with what's left of this weekend, so the first trip will have to wait for another week. Oh well!

Geoff & Sue
                      Geoff

Comment

Dont let any naysayer put you off,you have chosen well,you will become seriously addicted to your roma,the way you can go away at 5 minutes notice,the freedom to travell the smallest lane,to explore where larger units cant go,every weekend becomes a mini adventure,the stresses of the week and all its problems evaporate. you will love it all.
                        Congratulations from a fellow addict.
                        Ian
                        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thanks for the comments Ian.

No doubt there'll always be "different strokes for different folks", and, (as Paul, the sales manager at Richard Baldwin, tried so hard to express tactfully) at 5' 3'' and about 9 stone each, Sue and I are going to struggle less than many with the confined spaces of the R20!

Also, if we've understood the rules and figures right, we've got more flexibility on payload than most!

The only downside was that, when I attempted to lower the roof, I was almost doing "chin-ups" on the handle!

Geoff
                          Geoff

Comment

Geoff, was it you that I met at Richard Baldwin's Romahome weekend, when you'd just bought the R20? If so, I'm really glad you found this site, loads of friendly and helpful folk here. If it wasn't you I met, I'm still really glad you found this site have a great time with your new van.

Comment

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
                              Geoff, was it you that I met at Richard Baldwin's Romahome weekend, when you'd just bought the R20?
                              'Fraid not Von! We'd originally scheduled the collection to coincide with that weekend, but as reported above, that didn't happen due to a delay in receiving paperwork from Romahome.

Oh well, at least we got the garden and allotment sorted out instead, and can now take off at the first opportunity with a clear conscience.

Geoff
                              Geoff

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X