This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member. N.Devon

Hello everybody, my wife, Hilda & I are eagerly awaiting our first Romahome. It's a R20 HiLo from Avon Motorcaravans. Not new, but new to us. They're expensive aren't they? We've been motorcaravanners for more years than I care to remember, having had Autosleepers, Autotrails, LaStradas, IH, and many of 'em. Impressed with the build quality of Romahomes, being mainly glass fibre and also with the friendly expert service of Avon.
    Anyway, we hope to meet up with some of you. Are any members in N.Devon, or the S.W.? Any meets round here? I know some crackin' sites.
    If I can be of any help to anybody please ask, I've been doing this a long time!
    :jump for joy:Jimish

Hi Jimish

Welcome to the forum. You've made the right choice getting your van from Avon, their reputation is second to none and we are all big fans on this message board.

There is a meet in your neck of the woods in September http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2764. Tentpeg is organising it and there are already quite a few people going.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello Jimish and Hilda, welcome to the site and hope you can make the meet where you will get to know the others. A nicer friendlier bunch you could not wish to meet either.

Comment

Welcome.... I am in East Devon. There are a few of us from the SouthWest.

We are organising a meet in West Middlewick farm which would not be too far from you you are interested, you can come for as few or as many nights as you wish.

Comment

Hi,

We are just about to pick up our R20 Lo, on Thursday from Freeborn in Southampton. Really looking forward to getting it. Was interested to read that you had been motorcaravanning for many years and have now bought an R20.

We live in the East Anglian area, but are definitely going to get about so may meet up some day.

Good luck.

Comment

What a lovely welcome

Thanks so much for making us feel welcome. I have booked us in at West Middlewick Farm arrive Friday ( maybe Thurs.) depart Sunday but that's a long way away and there's plenty of places to go before then.
            This weekend we are at Lowtrow Cross on Exmoor, going tomorrow actually and this weekend we will be the last in our caravan before we get rid of the damn thing. Then Pembrokeshire and the Brecons in July. So many roads and not enough time!
            Carry on Roma-ing,
            Jim & Hildahttp://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/waving.gif

Comment

Hello from me too,I look forward to meeting you at Jennys meet.
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

We are going to be in Wales in July - will look out for you!
                Mary

Comment

Lowtrow Cross. I know it so well! Very nice pub there - and family live very close by. Love to know what the site is like. We did look from over the hedge!

Look forward to meeting you at the September meet!
                  Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

Drove past there at 11.20 this morning!

Comment

Hello from me too!

I have a 'damned thing' of a caravan too!

Comment

The Damn thing has gone!

Well, that's it then, it's gone at last. No more hitching & unhitching, rolling barrels of water and waste water around, reversing it the wrong way, 25 to the gallon when towing etc, etc, etc. Now it's "Clive the Camper" minus 14 days and counting. I can't sleep.
                        Lowtrow Cross is a brilliant site, very very friendly, extremely clean, nice gravel pitches, sensible prices, dogs welcome. It's adults only tho' so don't take the kids.
                        The pub right alongside is friendly too and sells good real ale, lager too for the girls!
                        Fully recommended.

Comment

Welcome Jimish. Hope you have many happy years in your Roma. We have the Duo and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimish View Post
                            Lowtrow Cross is a brilliant site, very very friendly, extremely clean, nice gravel pitches, sensible prices, dogs welcome. It's adults only tho' so don't take the kids.
                            The pub right alongside is friendly too and sells good real ale, lager too for the girls!
                            Fully recommended.
                            We stayed at Lowtrow this last weekend, and echo the above. Excellent site.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X