This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, advice needed!

I am a newcomer on here and looking for some advice as this looks like a very helpful forum.

I was wondering if any of you knew where it would be possible for us to hire a romahome C15 or the later equivalent Berlingo conversions for a weeks use in the UK. Or anything else of a similar size really. I am new to motorhoming but thought that this would be a good size vehicle to give it a try, as there is just two of us, hopefully later on this year if we can arrange or maybe next year. Just really getting ideas together at this stage.

Having searched the net I have seen the rentaromahome website but no others. Although this company look ideal for us they are based in Leigh on Sea, which is really nowhere near where we live (which is in Derbyshire) or where we were planning to travel (Somerset, Devon, Dorset). So somewhere en route near the M5 would be ideal.

Any advice would be appreciated, on romahomes, or just giving motorhoming a try in general. Hope this makes sense!

Many thanks in anticipation.

Gavin.

Hi Gavin

Welcome to the forum.

There is a company who hire Romahome Duo's they are based in Mansfield, Notts. which is not too far from you.

http://www.motorhomesdirect.co.uk/mo...ttinghamshire/

If you hire one please come back and let us know how you get on.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

hello Gavin,

I thought rentaromahome was based in London ...

I live in Leigh and have not seen them about ..
      I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
      http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        Hi Gavin

Welcome to the forum.

There is a company who hire Romahome Duo's they are based in Mansfield, Notts. which is not too far from you.

http://www.motorhomesdirect.co.uk/mo...ttinghamshire/

If you hire one please come back and let us know how you get on.
        Would be interesting to know how much they charge.
        Mary

Comment

Hi folks

Thanks for your responses.

I contacted the company suggested by Graham in Mansfield, Notts by email with my requirements for a Romahome Duo and the price they came back to me with was £1100 for a weeks hire. Seems a little expensive? I have sent a reply just asking them to confirm this price but am still waiting on a response.

Rentaromahome on the other hand quote £60 per day for a C15 inclusive of insurance for one driver (high season price) with a 10% discount for 7 days or more. By my calculations that is £378 for a week. A vast difference from the previous quote i'm sure you will agree. Minimouse I did double check where they are based and their website states the vehicles are available for collection from their depot at Leigh on Sea.

So if these are the only options available it would certainly be worth going out of the way to Rentaromahome. But would cost us time wise.

I would be interested to hear from anybody who has hired from Rentaromahome in the past and any comments on the service and vehicles available.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin View Post

I would be interested to hear from anybody who has hired from Rentaromahome in the past and any comments on the service and vehicles available.

Hi Gavin

Tentpeg has rented from Rentaromahome she perhaps hasn't seen this thread, try sending her a personal message.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X