This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi we are a couple from Glasgow and we bought a new Berlingo XTR last year.

I use the Berlingo for my work as a taxi and thought why not use it for our holidays. XTR rear seats are removable and with the 2 front seats pushed forward there is a lot of space in the car.
    We would like to get an awning for the Berlingo but no quite sure where to look for them?
    As we are new to this any help, tips or suggestions are welcome.

Philip and Bridget

In Chesterfield it is not permitted for a licensed taxi to be used for private and social purposes. Is it the same in Glasgow? I would hate to see anyone jeopardising their livelihood by overlooking a rather stupid bit of legislation.
    I am not sure whether this is a Local or National restriction, but it might be best to check.
    The rule IS flaunted in Chesterfield, but sooner or later.......?
    For many years I ran a taxi and private hire business so I am aware of regulations applying to Chesterfield. But then Scotland may be different.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
      In Chesterfield it is not permitted for a licensed taxi to be used for private and social purposes. Is it the same in Glasgow? I would hate to see anyone jeopardising their livelihood by overlooking a rather stupid bit of legislation.
      I am not sure whether this is a Local or National restriction, but it might be best to check.
      The rule IS flaunted in Chesterfield, but sooner or later.......?
      For many years I ran a taxi and private hire business so I am aware of regulations applying to Chesterfield. But then Scotland may be different.
      Jim.
      Hi Jim thanks for your message.

Ive never heard of not being able to use my car for social and domestic purposes. Its used as a PHC and not a taxi, most people dont know what PHC stands for (private hire car)
      Its difficult to beleive that if someone buys a car with their own money they cant drive it as a private car, its new to me and ive been in the bussiness for 6 years now. I know councils have there own rules and regulations.

Comment

Hi Phillip and welcome to the forum!

Wanderer, another forum member is also from Glasgow, and there are a few more I think north of the border!

A movelite square seems to fit most campers, cars, etc... so look at those and similar - you will need a driveaway awning, not a fixed caravan awning that fits into a rail.

Nice to 'see' you!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
          Hi Jim thanks for your message.

Ive never heard of not being able to use my car for social and domestic purposes. Its used as a PHC and not a taxi, most people dont know what PHC stands for (private hire car)
          Its difficult to beleive that if someone buys a car with their own money they cant drive it as a private car, its new to me and ive been in the bussiness for 6 years now. I know councils have there own rules and regulations.
          I operated seven Hackney carriages and usually about ten private hire cars. I had to watch carefully that no one misused them because the "axe" would have fallen on me! The proviso held for private hire cars as well, even though the only insurance cover available included Social, Domestic and Pleasure!
          Jim.
          Last edited by Twolitre; 14-06-2011, 13:30.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X