Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome R10 washing and waxing recommendations

Hi everyone,
    I`m a newbie to this site, and have just bought my very first micro camper van - a rather sweet R10 Romahome - and I can`t wait to start roaming :-) I would like to give her a good wash and waxing, especially now with Winter upon us. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best solutions to use? I am most concerned about maintaining the pop top roof, which appears to be a slightly different finish to the bodywork. I`d appreciate your input!
    Looking forward to maybe getting to meet some of you in the not so distant future:-)
    Thank you,
    Bridget

Hi Bridget and welcome to the forum. I use Fenwicks Motorhome Cleaner - this is formulated for both metal and BRP / plastics used in van construction. I also have a no name caravan cleaner I tend to use this undiluted when there is a stubborn patch of road dirt that needs to be shifted. More important is to invest in some Waxoil and a garden sprayer then get down and dirty spraying the underside of your van earlier this autumn we had a long conversation on the forum about Waxoil
    https://community.smallmotorhome.co....axoyl-your-van
    Before you start applying Waxoil you would need to pressure wash the underside get rid of all the old road crud.
    Jon
    Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
    https://smallromahome2oldies1largedo...logspot.co.uk/

Comment

Hello and welcome to the site Bridget59

Comment

Welcome from me too.
        Claire

Comment

kernowjon Thank you for the information, that's really helpful. I'll check out the waxoil conversation just now. I hope I can manage to get under the van! It's not going to be laid up over winter, as it's going to be used regularly, although not necessarily for overnight sleeping...brrrrrr! So excited - new adventures on the horizon

Comment

SandraM , CVJ , thank you for the welcome, it's nice to 'meet you'! ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Bridget59 View Post
              kernowjon Thank you for the information, that's really helpful. I'll check out the waxoil conversation just now. I hope I can manage to get under the van! It's not going to be laid up over winter, as it's going to be used regularly, although not necessarily for overnight sleeping...brrrrrr! So excited - new adventures on the horizon
              Getting under the van is not a problem if you get a garden sprayer - Gasgas used one and so did I - it will probably be gunged-up and dead afterwards but it is doable. - This time of year you will have to keep standing your can of Waxoil in boiling water - heat it to above 20 degrees c so only a small amount in the sprayer reservoir at a time.
              Jon
              Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
              https://smallromahome2oldies1largedo...logspot.co.uk/

Comment

Hi and welcome from me too! I wish you happy travelling in your new campervan!

Comment

kernowjon I have no difficulty getting under the van, getting out again is where the problem is.
                  Sesquipedalianism:-The overusage of long words.

Comment

the van is a van ie wash as a car the roof is fiberglass warm soapy water. i had 5 years with a R10 on my own ,then Pat and i met and now we are in a going Go,pod
                    BuzznDave

Comment