Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Newbie

Hi, just wanted to say what a great and informative site this is. All being well I will be picking up a Toyota Hiace camper van this Saturday, ready for semi retirement with my better half Jackie We used to have 1972 VW camper a few years back when the children were younger. We both ride motorcles and over the last 10 years we have been touring on motorcycles but now our bodies crave comfort and miss the joys of campervan life.

Yay I get to be the first to say Hello and Welcome
    Welcome back to the wonderful world of campervanning, once it's in yer blood there's no oddsing it
    Away with the Fairies

Comment

Hello Speedmaster58 and welcome to the site

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Is that Hi Ace camper of a grey import version or a powervan version? It's a great pity not more campers are Toyota based.

Enjoy your travels
        Tony

Comment

Hi and welcome Look forward to hearing about your travels.

Comment

Hi Speedmaster - welcome to the world of campervans or small motorhomes. Hope you enjoy your van Looking forward to seeing a reply to tonyt's question.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt View Post
              Welcome aboard.

Is that Hi Ace camper of a grey import version or a powervan version? It's a great pity not more campers are Toyota based.

Enjoy your travels
              Powervan with a Devon Conversion with only 2 owners from new

Comment

Speedmaster58.
                Hello and welcome to the friendly forum.

Comment

Hello and Welcome I'm a biker too

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, will post pictures.when I get it home.its the short wheel base version

Comment

Originally posted by Speedmaster58 View Post
                      Powervan with a Devon Conversion with only 2 owners from new
                      Up until 6 months ago I had just that camper.
                      I've had numerous vans but without any doubt that is by far the best layout. The build quality and fittings are 5 star.
                      Everything you need packed into a small van and with space to move the whole length of the vehicle even when the beds are made up..
                      I loved that van but for various reason, nothing to do with the van, it had to go.
                      I'm already envious.
                      Tony

Comment

Hi Speedmaster and welcome to this friendly forum!

Congratulations on your purchase, wishing you lots of happy holidays in it and looking forward to seeing some photos posted!
                        Cynthia.

Comment

Hi from another touring biker who is finding the comfort of a campervan so much easier

Comment

Originally posted by hobo View Post
                            Hi from another touring biker who is finding the comfort of a campervan so much easier
                            Yeah, we used to camp with the bikes, then motels, less gear to carry on bikes and then last year, I rode overland to Greece and Jackie flew out and flew back while I rode back. Just not the same as sharing the journey in comfort in a campervan. Can't wait to get the van and get out on the road. Might have to buy a few goodies but it would be rude not too

Comment

Speedmaster58 it's the law that you have to buy goodies for new toys
                              you never know what you need till you see it
                              we use to do a bike rally in telgarth every year good times

Comment