• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big hello to all from Llangranog West Wales

Hi all forum members,
    Almost finished my stealth doblo called "dobbie",
    or the "flying brick",
    still have my curtain rails, hooks or magnets to hang somehow, to the metal sides, any suggestions welcome, keep em clean!
    My wonderful friend gave me the link to this site, you know the one who can scoff 3 chockie muffins in one day
    "marie2chrissy",
    But not for long, roll on sept,
    I will get some pics up once it's finished,
    Hoping to get out and about in the next few months
    Pete
    If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Originally posted by chocoholic View Post
    the one who can scoff 3 chockie muffins in one day
    Only 3, that's only beginners standards!!!

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to the photo's
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

I can see that I'll have to get some more practise in.

Comment

\Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Comment

Welcome - and I look forward to seeing your Doblo adaptations.

Are you doing a full conversion or just removable adaptations?

Comment

OHHHHHHHHHHHH a chocoholic on the forum... what a great name. Welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forum Pete and thanks to marie2chris for recommending us. There are lots of friendly people on here, you'll soon find your way around.

Three chockie muffins sounds nice, I never eat cake though, as everyone on here will testify.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Guys N gals for the Welcome
                Well sewn on 24 press studs x2 for my curtains,
                Covered my 3"x30"x 72"mattress and it rolls up to 9" dia fits my cupboard tidy like
                Bought a 28 amp hour buggy sealed battery,
                Yup not as big as most, but will run a light/laptop,And is wee
                ordered the press studs and sockets to fit them curtains to the window surrounds.
                ordered my split charger relay & 500w inverter,
                Tis coming on :so happy: Photo Launch day soon
                If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

It sounds an exciting project and is clearly keeping you busy.

Before you fit the split-charger, it may be worth checking that your insurance company will accept it as a modification. Mine was a little tetchy so I had to forgo fitting one myself.

I look forward to seeing your piccies.

Comment

Still busy busy,
                    Curtains fitted eventually, fed up with sewing now
                    The last window has got to be the worst (sods Law)
                    girl next door lassoed into sewing up the hem all round, Phew!
                    Found out today that the sealed lead acid buggy battery is not suitable for charging via alternator/ split charger,
                    So a leisure battery for future purchase me thinks,
                    Until then it will still run my inverter for a little bit of 240v off grid
                    Thanks for the heads up on insurance check karenw xx
                    Well after all the good reviews here about the Outhouse Handi Drive Away Awning I degress I succumbed to purchase one via the website shop here on the home page,
                    Now I needed something to put in there, So I bought a Portapotty:so happy:Biggest TY Bach I ever had
                    Found a wonderful small 18cm steamer £5.50 in Wilkinsons 3 tier wi glass lid
                    Still haven't had the time to take photies, but rest assured I will,
                    Any tips on the best way to link them on here????
                    Any one have ideas on canopy poles, are f/glass better than steel?
                    Till the piccys guys n gals Have fun in the sun
                    Sorry just realized posting in wrong section,
                    Last edited by chocoholic; 12-07-2011, 20:39. Reason: realised this should be in light vans section

Comment

Well after all the good reviews here about the Outhouse Handi Drive Away Awning I degress I succumbed to purchase one via the website shop here on the home page

Thanks for supporting us and buying from the accessories store, all the commission we receive from these sales helps us run the website and forum.

Still haven't had the time to take photies, but rest assured I will,
                      Any tips on the best way to link them on here????
                      If you want to put photos on the forum have a look at our video tutorial here: http://youtu.be/2rPdmlTTkP4
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Split battery charger

karenw,
                        checked today with the zurich insurance co,
                        Re; installing a second battery and a split charging system,
                        They do not class this as a notifiable modification to my Doblo jtd,:so happy:
                        No requirement to inform them regarding this installation in any way,
                        So I can install in a professional manner,
                        Most important to install 2 fuses on the feed, as close to the batteries as possible,
                        If I were you I would contact your insurance co again
                        (Beware there may be a nut behind this post)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X