This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from us

Hi, We have just bought our first Romahome Duo 1999 reg. Just finding our way around it, can't quite believe how Island Plastics can pack so much in such a small space! The van is in very good condition for it's age but we are considering having new upholstery, i wonder if anyone has any information on what we might expect to pay? We have already picked up some very useful tips from the forum, it seem a very friendly site.

Hi Monty's Dad

Welcome to the forum, your post somehow got missed by everyone.

This reply will bump it to the top, can anyone help Monty's Dad with regards to new upholstery?
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Monty's Dad

Don't think I'm giving away a trade secret, believe Romahome deal with these people nowadays.
      Probably not a cheap option, but would look brand new afterwards.

http://www.worldofmotorhomes.com/ins...er-furnishings

or

http://www.creativate.co.uk/staging/relux/

Tony Anchorman
      Last edited by anchorman; 18-07-2011, 16:45.

Comment

Romahome Upholstery

Hi Anchorman,

Many thanks for the link, and for your help Graham.
        Will check it out, and start saving up!

Monty's Dad.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you manage to get your new upholstery done eventually! In the meanwhile, how about some nice throws? You can get some really big ones at Aldi, Lidl and B&M stores, they don't cost an awful lot and look really good.

Comment

Hi jayjay,

Thanks for the suggestion,we have just got one quote for the upholstery and think it will have to wait awhile!
            May well try the throws in the meantime.
            Just got back from a drive down to the local nature reserve for a brew! our very first one prepared on the hob, with water straight out of a whistling kettle pure bliss, I know this may seem a strange thing to get excited about,but it was a really big deal for a couple of rookies

Thanks all

Comment

montys dad

Originally posted by Monty's Dad View Post
              Hi, We have just bought our first Romahome Duo 1999 reg. Just finding our way around it, can't quite believe how Island Plastics can pack so much in such a small space! The van is in very good condition for it's age but we are considering having new upholstery, i wonder if anyone has any information on what we might expect to pay? We have already picked up some very useful tips from the forum, it seem a very friendly site.
              HI to you.we have a 1998 duo which we have had only a couple of months now.Quoted £1050 for loose covers!! Could not believe it. Went to Edinburgh wool shop and bought 2 wool rugs they are on offer at the moment half price cost £17 each and fit a treat,lovley quality too.

Comment

Money's dad/twin1 - have a look at this thread, may be useful. I'm sure pam will give you details if you pm her

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=2461
                Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Hi Monty's Dad welcome to the forum, you did better than me for a cuppa, the first one I made was parked in my drive, love it :so happy:
                  now moved on to a bigger motorhome from my old C15 that I loved.
                  Happy camping.
                  Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                  'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by Monty's Dad View Post
                    Hi jayjay,

Thanks for the suggestion,we have just got one quote for the upholstery and think it will have to wait awhile!
                    May well try the throws in the meantime.
                    Just got back from a drive down to the local nature reserve for a brew! our very first one prepared on the hob, with water straight out of a whistling kettle pure bliss, I know this may seem a strange thing to get excited about,but it was a really big deal for a couple of rookies

Thanks all
                    waving back! That's what I did when I got my first campervan!! I took the dog to a local lake, had a walk around, then went back for a cuppa. Bliss. As long as you can boil a kettle, you can do anything. Next it will be a pot noodle or a cup a soup, before long - a four-course meal!

Comment

Many thanks everyone, will look into all the suggestions for loose covers and throws before we go down the re upholstery route.
                      off now to find a suitable pan for our next venture to boil an egg and make toast soldiers! a brilliant start to my retirement

Comment

Hello Montys dad. Is it just the cushions you need recovering ? Its not that difficult a job if you have a sewing machine or, advertise locally for someone to do them for you. If you supply the fabric I am sure you could find someone to sew them for you. Welcome to the friendly forum bye the way.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
                          Hello Montys dad. Is it just the cushions you need recovering ? Its not that difficult a job if you have a sewing machine or, advertise locally for someone to do them for you. If you supply the fabric I am sure you could find someone to sew them for you. Welcome to the friendly forum bye the way.
                          Hi Pendel,

Thanks for the suggestion, and welcome it's not that the interior is bad in any way, we just want to put our own stamp on it.
                          Maybe a mix of cushion covers and throws will be the answer.

On an entirely new subject does anyone know at what milage does the Cam belt requires changing? Our 1999 reg Duo has done 31,400 miles to date.

Regards
                          Monty's Dad
                          Last edited by Monty's Dad; 20-07-2011, 13:49.

Comment

Cambelt change

50,000 at the outside,if you have just got the van do it now,belts can crack easily and the risk isnt worth it.
                            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                              50,000 at the outside,if you have just got the van do it now,belts can crack easily and the risk isnt worth it.
                              Many thanks Ian, will try to get the belt inspected.

Regards
                              Monty's Dad

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X