X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow myself to introduce myself

Hello everyone.

I am Chris, the proud owner of a 1990 Romahome. I've had the dumpy little devil for a couple of years now, she's my pride and joy! I had put it on Ebay to get a more modern one, but didn't have the heart to get rid of her. We are in it for the long haul now!

I live on a tiny narrowboat just outside Derby, I'm single (form an orderly queue) and I have a beautiful dog called Lucky. I'm also a keen canoeist, cyclist and outdoors person generally. The Romahome is great, because it means I can go to all kinds of different, interesting places.

Hope to speak to you soon!

Hi sounds like you have the best of both worlds!

Comment

Hello Chris

Welcome to the forum, lots of friendly chat on here about Romahomes and other small motorhomes, glad you found us.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Welcome, Chris. You'll find this a really friendly site and if you have queries there's generally someone who can answer it, or knows a 'man/woman that can'.
        I love the idea of living on a narrow boat - is it really as cosy as it's usually presented?

Comment

What a welcome! I look forward to getting to know you all.

Originally posted by di allen View Post
          I love the idea of living on a narrow boat - is it really as cosy as it's usually presented?
          In the winter, it's a lot cosier than a Romahome! It's a great life, if you like the outdoors. But it's good to get away from it into my little van.

Comment

canal living

Hi, Chris
            Welcome aboard matey,
            I Have been toying with the living on a canal boat as an option, but i have heard so many different points of view some good some bad,ie moorings/licences/addresses for bank acc ect
            How do you manage transport with a camper and a boat??,
            Are you in a residential mooring or cruising?
            Some info from you would be great
            Hope you enjoy these forums, they are a lovely bunch of guys n gals :so happy:
            If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Welcome Chris,
              Do you fancy a look at another canal?
              We have a "meet" next to the tow path on the BANK of the Chesterfield Canal over the August BANK Holiday.
              If of any interest look for Chesterfield Meet under "Fancy Meeting Up".
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hello Chris and welcome t the forum!

Now, someone has to ask - are you a he- Chris or a she- Chris? It might help people to decide whether or not to join the orderly queue!

Comment

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum! good friendly lot on here, I join Dolly's question, are you a he or she?
                  My bet is a he.........
                  Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                  'Live without regrets'

Comment

Wow! What a response.

I'm a he. Form an orderly queue, girls.

chocoholic, it's magic if you're that sort of person. I'm currently stranded at a mooring, I'm working to pay for some engine work, welding and refitting, so not mobile this year, but I am on the move most summers. You need an address (I pretend I live with my dad) although you can have post sent to any post office via Poste Restante. As for moving a van and a car, you just have to ride your bike back and move it closer to where you're going every day or two. Or, if I'm going somewhere rough, I'll leave it at my dad's in Hampshire for a while. Get a cheap boat and try it for a summer!

Twolitre, that sounds magic. But let me check my availability and get back to you.

Comment

hello

Originally posted by chris667 View Post
                      Hello everyone.

I am Chris, the proud owner of a 1990 Romahome. I've had the dumpy little devil for a couple of years now, she's my pride and joy! I had put it on Ebay to get a more modern one, but didn't have the heart to get rid of her. We are in it for the long haul now!

I live on a tiny narrowboat just outside Derby, I'm single (form an orderly queue) and I have a beautiful dog called Lucky. I'm also a keen canoeist, cyclist and outdoors person generally. The Romahome is great, because it means I can go to all kinds of different, interesting places.

Hope to speak to you soon!
                      Hello and welcome , you certainly like your Romahome,love to see a photograph of your dog!!!!

Comment

Hi, Chris
                        Once the house is sold I was thinking of maybe a short holiday on the canal to get the feel of it,
                        Nothing like hands on
                        Thanks for the info M8,
                        You seem to be having a Ball,
                        Maybe see you at Chester meet:so happy:
                        Pete
                        If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

You had me searching the Forum there Pete. Thinking I had missed some meet info.
                          Did you mean Chesterfield meet? If so don't head for Chester! it is 80 miles from Chesterfield.
                          Jim.
                          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Saggy Fields

HaHa
                            Just my bad finger having an issue of the fffffffields,
                            Jammed it in the rear coil springs I have cut down as spring asisters,
                            Cut down a pair of Punto rear coils to 7" fitted a treat too,
                            Feels like driving a Chelsea Tractor Now seeing over hedges,:so happy:
                            Better than paying £180 from Graystone
                            Handles a lot better under load without the sagging
                            Wish I could get rid of my saggy bits so easily,
                            Sorry M8 for the panic
                            Pete

Comment