This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi To All

Hello everyone - just joined your site having stumbled across it accidentally. I think I am eligible to join as I currently have an Autosleeper Topaz - basically a long wheelbase vw hightop. I used to have a Romahome Quartet about 6 years ago and have always had a soft spot for Romahomes and the RH ethos. Being single and early retired I have plenty of opportunities use my van in uk/France/Spain with my Border Terrier for company. Hoping to do lots of touring in 2010, currently thinking about another Spring trip to the West Highlands/Mull/Skye and maybe later a trip to Denmark when the weather improves.
    Will be keeping an eye on the site with a view to events and possibly to contributing in the forums whenever I may feel sufficiently deluded into thinking I have something useful/sensible to say!

Bye for now
    David

Hello David

You are very welcome we have all sorts of vans on here all shapes and sizes so don't worry.

It would be nice if you could make our meet in April SEE HERE

There are quite a few going already and you would be made really welcome.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi David.....

Welcome to the Forum. If and when we meet, can I help you walk your dog? I sometimes feel quite left out. I am thinking of getting a lead to carry when I am out walking.

Comment

Hello David,
        Welcome aboard. I love the Western Islands and Islands, so would love to hear about your trips,
        Aileen

Comment

Welcome

The Western Highlands are stunning and I'm hoping to head up to Skye and along the northern coast in May. Right now I'm growing very restless and waiting for the current snow to clear and temperatures to warm up so I can take my Roo on its first trip of the year.

Comment

Hi David!

Nice to 'meet' you! Like Graham says, see if you can make it to the meet at Wolverley in the spring!

Quite a lot of us have dogs and they love to get together for a chinwag as well!

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for your comments. I will probably be able to make Wolverley. Will confirm in due course. Also is it the done thing to give everyone a "heads up" if and when any informal trips are planned in case others in the locale are interested - I often make short notice decisions depending on the weather at any time of year and usually favour non-urban locations. In order to maximise my options I currently belong to the caravan club - but may be changing (again!) to the C and C club - though I am just as happy wild camping (where sensible and appropriate - particularly in Scotland or abroad).

I'll see if I can manage to put a few piccys up.

Cheers
              David

Comment

Originally posted by compassrose View Post
                Also is it the done thing to give everyone a "heads up" if and when any informal trips are planned in case others in the locale are interested
                Yes, there is no harm in putting a thread in the "Fancy Meeting Up" section, then if anyone is local and available for a "mini meet" you could have a bit of company.
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by compassrose View Post
                  I am just as happy wild camping (where sensible and appropriate - particularly in Scotland or abroad).
                  Cheers
                  David
                  I'm also a wild-camper so I'll keep a lookout for you in Scotland! ;o)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X