Greetings from Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Hong Kong

Newbie here just checking in to say hello. Retiring to south County Kerry in Ireland in next few months after 35 years in Hong Kong. Wife, four dogs and two cats (all rescued waifs and strays) already moved over and nicely ensconced in cozy little bungalow overlooking Atlantic (bit different to HK!)
    Have a 2009 Renault Grand Scenic, 7-seater, which we'll using for exploring around our new home. Will be looking for ideas on using it as a day van and for a few overnighters (the latter solo as Better Half likes home comforts too much).
    This is obviously a very friendly and welcoming little community so I'm sure you won't mind me asking a lot of very basic questions!

Cheers
    Luckydog

Welcome. Seems like you retired and moved to the right place at the right time. Lucky dog indeed!

Comment

Welcome Luckydog with the news coming out of Hong Kong you’ve probably got out at the right time, you’ve come to the right place for friendly chat about camping and life in general. I hope you enjoy being part of our friendly community.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

Welcome!
          Claire

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Very heartbreaking what happening in Hong Kong.

Comment

Hello and Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Luckydog View Post
                Newbie here just checking in to say hello. Retiring to south County Kerry in Ireland in next few months after 35 years in Hong Kong. Wife, four dogs and two cats (all rescued waifs and strays) already moved over and nicely ensconced in cozy little bungalow overlooking Atlantic (bit different to HK!)
                Have a 2009 Renault Grand Scenic, 7-seater, which we'll using for exploring around our new home. Will be looking for ideas on using it as a day van and for a few overnighters (the latter solo as Better Half likes home comforts too much).
                This is obviously a very friendly and welcoming little community so I'm sure you won't mind me asking a lot of very basic questions!

Cheers
                Luckydog
                Just out of curiousity does your wife count as a waif or stray? what is a waif anyway? Both sound like the sort that have had enough of outdoors already and are ready for home comforts.

Comment

Hi and welcome Luckydog we don't mind questions basic or not

Comment

Derekoak

Excellent question! I'm the one that ends up in the doghouse so that tag should be attached to me.

Comment

Hi Lucky. dog they certainly are that . we have some traveling cat members on the forum .Nice size van would tow nice little cavan? we all should have a label . .if found ! return Too..and other important info like I eat marmalade sandwiches.Welcome to lovely Ireland . Happy exploring! you are just in time for the next heat wave regards Pat , Dave .with dogs Buzz,Tilly.
                      BuzznDave

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment