Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrishAmy
    replied
    Thank you for all the replies... happened again will try again later, bloomin technology

Leave a comment:

• TrishAmy
    replied
    Don't know what happened I posted a reply and nothing appeared

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Yes a great little van YES the beast looks very happy - this is a photo of Bertie our hound taken last year when we went on our Marathon round the British Mainland South to North and back
    7626_Bertie on the road - again!.jpg
    Near Ness Lighthouse Wick

Dogs enjoy camping

Jon

Leave a comment:

• Misted
    replied
    Hello and welcome TrishAmy.

Your Romahome is a handsome wee beast both inside and out, looks like the previous owner loved it.

Your furry beasty is rather handsome too although has possibly taken ownership of the bed!

Leave a comment:

• Pauline
    replied
    Originally posted by TrishAmy View Post
    Yay it worked!!
    Well done

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Originally posted by TrishAmy View Post

Hi thank you for the info it's a later one as the gas locker is where you said. I'm needing the roof vent replacing as the previous owner broke it. There's a mobile caravan doctor in Trowbridge that has asked me to measure the aperture. I measured it as 13 inches square does this sound right? I measured it from inside the pod. It's a fiamma one that's there but I can't find one online that's 330mm they seem to be 280 or 400.
    Hi Trish - no you will not find it online - it is an out of date size. The solution is to fit a Mini Heiki
    Which is not difficult to do - I did my own Tigerfish has done his own and documented the process. Take a look at this thread
    https://community.smallmotorhome.co....name-yet/page2
    If you look carefully a MiniHeiki is not too expensive - I am about to replace the same Fiamma fitted to my Suntrekker (another demountable built by Romahome under the Island plastics name and slightly bigger).
    On ebay a Mini Heiki https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEITZ-MOT...UAAOSwFmxafWaP
    That comes complete with blackout and insect screens.
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• TrishAmy
    replied
    IMG_20190827_181939.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TrishAmy
    replied
    Yay it worked!!

Leave a comment:

• TrishAmy
    replied
    IMG_20190902_214145.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TrishAmy
    replied
    Originally posted by kernowjon View Post
    Hi TrishAmy I used to have a HiJet with demountable Pod a lovely little van, which if you treat it well will take you almost any place. Last Summer we Sandra and I plus one large dog Bertie went away for 4 weeks - Scotland and the NC 500 we live in Cornwall so started with Lands End and the Lizard.
    Can you go on the Romahome Chat board - and go this sticky put up the details of your pod including the number on the door frame https://community.smallmotorhome.co....ter-of-numbers

Is yours an older pod or the late Mk5 double skin model? Double skin has an external gas locker - nearside rear and a water tank.
    If you have not got a handbook you will find both the pod handbook and the HiJet workshop manual on the downloads http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/downloads.html
    Look forward to seeing pictures soon.
    Jon
    Hi thank you for the info it's a later one as the gas locker is where you said. I'm needing the roof vent replacing as the previous owner broke it. There's a mobile caravan doctor in Trowbridge that has asked me to measure the aperture. I measured it as 13 inches square does this sound right? I measured it from inside the pod. It's a fiamma one that's there but I can't find one online that's 330mm they seem to be 280 or 400.

I'll post the number from the door frame now.

Thank you for all the welcomes I absolutely love the van and will post photos when I work out how

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    Hello and welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Hi TrishAmy a warm welcome from me too, your account has been enabled so you can see the Roma Club Section, when you are logged in go to the home page and the Roma Club Section Is at the top of the page, in there you will be able to chat with other Roma Club members.

Leave a comment:

• kernowjon
    replied
    Hi TrishAmy I used to have a HiJet with demountable Pod a lovely little van, which if you treat it well will take you almost any place. Last Summer we Sandra and I plus one large dog Bertie went away for 4 weeks - Scotland and the NC 500 we live in Cornwall so started with Lands End and the Lizard.
    Can you go on the Romahome Chat board - and go this sticky put up the details of your pod including the number on the door frame https://community.smallmotorhome.co....ter-of-numbers

Is yours an older pod or the late Mk5 double skin model? Double skin has an external gas locker - nearside rear and a water tank.
    If you have not got a handbook you will find both the pod handbook and the HiJet workshop manual on the downloads http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/downloads.html
    Look forward to seeing pictures soon.
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• CVJ
    replied
    Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Misted
    replied
    Hello, welcome and have lots of fun in your new van. Most here love to see photos of inside and out, nosey but very helpful too when needed. Look forward to reading about your camping adventures

Leave a comment: