As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi everybody

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everybody

Hello, I've been lurking and reading this forum for some time now. I thought it was time to "Man Up" and register.
    I have been considering making our Citroen Picasso into a camper, but have now thought about selling it and buying a Citroen Dispatch combi (not the new type) and doing a removable camper conversion.
    We need to have a everyday use vehicle with proper removable rear seats for kids, grandkids and general hangers on.
    The dispatch fits the bill, being a little smaller that a T4 VW.
    Anyway I shall be asking questions and picking brains as time goes on if that's OK.

Finbar

Originally posted by finbar View Post
    Hello, I've been lurking and reading this forum for some time now. I thought it was time to "Man Up" and register.
    I have been considering making our Citroen Picasso into a camper, but have now thought about selling it and buying a Citroen Dispatch combi (not the new type) and doing a removable camper conversion.
    We need to have a everyday use vehicle with proper removable rear seats for kids, grandkids and general hangers on.
    The dispatch fits the bill, being a little smaller that a T4 VW.
    Anyway I shall be asking questions and picking brains as time goes on if that's OK.

Finbar
    Hello and welcome

Comment

Hi Finbar

Welcome to the forum, we have quite a few self build enthusiasts on this forum as you have probably seen, so someone will be able to help you with any questions you might have.

Thanks for taking the plunge and saying hello, it's great to have you onboard.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Glad you jumped in,its lovely here.
        Ask all the questions you like in the appropriate bit of the forum,you will get all the advice you need,and more.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hello Finbar the Lurker. Welcome to the site. I lurked for a while before taking the plunge and revealing myself and I haven't regretted it. You'll get a lot of help from everyone here.
          Maria

Comment

Hi there!

Comment

Hi Finbar, a big welcome from me, all the help you want will be found on here, just fire away with any questions you may have. :so happy:
              Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
              'Live without regrets'

Comment

Hello and welcome Finbar.

Comment

Hello and welcome!

Your idea of a self-build 'adaptation' of a Dispatch sounds good. This is one of the models on my shortlist when it's time to replace my aging Kangoo, although it's a little larger than I need (but I'm sure I'd quickly fill the extra space!).

I'd be interested to see your work and and when it progresses.

Good luck.

Karen W

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome,

The Dispatch seems the better compromise between a car & van.

We are looking for the same as everybody else a car, people carrier, load lugger. tow our folding camper, camper van, cheap to run and easy to park. not a big ask is it.

I started looking and it's proving difficult to find a dispatch/expert/scuda that isn't a high mileage taxi or had the floor cut away for wheelchair access.
                    I may have to consider a van version, but I would prefer a combi as it already has windows,seats & interior trim.

The search goes on

finbar

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X