Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back again

Hi All
    We have come back to Romahomes this summer, having purchased a Berlingo Duo, we had a C15 a couple of years ago. Now here's the thing does anyone do a cover, or is it tarps strapped down! We have a big Oak tree and our feathered friends use it as a toilet seat, plus the twigs and leaf problem.
    Richard and Sally

When we first bought our R20 and it was still shiny (that didn't last long) we bought a caravan cover, you know the proper, breathable type. It was fairly expensive and Liz spent quite a bit of time reshaping it to fit the R20. Work fairly well in the end. But - the very next summer, when we were away our daughter came to our house, borrowed our car and we never got it back! So since then the R20 has been our sole vehicle and since it is in such regular use for shopping etc it is just too much faff covering it - despite the fact it is under a silver birch tree (with so many tiny seeds I'd argue is much, much worse than oak)

So DIY can be done but it's hard work and Liz did have access to industrial sewing machines!

Comment

Thanks Brian
      Looking at all the available sites online, custom made seems to be the route but very expensive. I'm going to see what Sally can knock up with some knitting needles.
      I will wait for a good time to ask....!
      Richard

Comment

An old large awning or tent might do the job, especially if you can undo a seam at the back and sew or stick-on Velcro to fasten back up again... then you can get the door open to make sure all is well inside now and then.

Comment