This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dee Hi :P

Always wanted to say that and now I can as I am now a proud owner of an E reg Bedford Bambi (2 days). Have wanted a campervan or caravan for many years and at last have achieved it. :so happy:

My name is Kate and I am 53 years old, living near Bristol. My eldest daughter has flown the nest and got married, my middle daughter is off the Reading University on 1st October and my youngest daughter (16 years old) wouldn't be seen dead in a campervan so me and my hubby can look forward to some lovely holidays in my home from home.

I have 2 other children (4 legged felines). Does anyone take their cats with them off on their travels? and if so are the cats ok with this or is it better not to take cats? I know dogs are ok but was just wondering if taking cats was the done thing as well.

Kate

Welcome Kate. Am at similar stage of life to yourself and only managed to purchase my first van this year and can understand/share the excitement.

People I am sure will be along. People have been known to take their cats on holiday by the way..... Welcome again.

Comment

Welcome!

I don't know about taking cats camping but I've taken a rabbit - including to a wildcamping meet...!!!

Comment

good look

hi nice to see more new ones on site we are on how 3 R2O hope to see u on the road soon diggdeep

Comment

I can see huge potential for errrrrrrrrrrrrrr quality pet interaction...

Originally posted by karenw View Post
          Welcome!

I don't know about taking cats camping but I've taken a rabbit - including to a wildcamping meet...!!!

Comment

Hello Kate

Welcome to the forum, I like your username, very clever, it took me a while to work it out.

You should have a word with Sidick they regularly take their two cats away with them camping and have been to several meets with them.

We also saw a dutch lady camping in her van last weekend with her cat which was tethered on a lead and trying to stalk the local bird population which stayed tantalisingly just out of reach.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I was also over the moon when I got my first, very old Bedford Rascal Romahome four years back! Changed that for a caravan now, but still getting out and about! Welcome!

Comment

Dogs ,cats,rabbits,tortoises,parrots, Kids,all very welcome and Ive seen them all.

Oh.almost forgot,....and a cactus!!!!!
                Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
                  I can see huge potential for errrrrrrrrrrrrrr quality pet interaction...
                  Lots of interaction with a big French Lop - you'd be surprised!

Blodwyn-Bunny stayed in one of the other camper's vans, went out for walks on a lead and harness and in the evening I got the group to make her toys from fallen branches in the forestry - never imagining they actually would. Everyone entered into the spirit of it and proud Blod left with a hand-made .... submarine. Just what she'd always wanted!!

You can't beat camping with a big, cuddly bunny!

Enjoying fuss

With her new hand-crafted toy....

Extra treats:

Tired out!
                  Last edited by karenw; 07-08-2011, 13:57.

Comment

Karebpn, those photos are fabulous, what a gorgeous bunny!

Comment

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
                      Karen, those photos are fabulous, what a gorgeous bunny!
                      Thank you, and both Blod and I wholeheartedly agree - along with her other 18 relatives here (PM if you'd like their website addy...!)

Karen

Comment

Hi K8E and welcome to the site. Don't see anything wrong with taking your feline friends camping. I've seen guinea pigs, parrots, budgies, a HUGE rabbit, easily as big as my Border Terrier and chickens!! Don't seee why someone couldn't take a pony (towing a horse box) except that site owners might draw the line at that! Hope to meet you one day. Maria

Comment

Love the bunny. When the children were young we had a full
                          English lop and he was absolutely huge so yes I know about big bunnies.... he was very friendly and liked playing football...

Gorgeous, he is simply gorgeous Karen

Comment

Welcome K8E.

Di.

Comment