As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love it!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it!

Hi. I've finally bought a very old, but beautiful, Romahome C15. After joining the C&CC I ventured out into the (near) wilderness armed with a young grandchild and tons of bedding. We visited four different sites in as many nights and had a brilliant time. The best bit for me was standing at the open door, cooking breakfast, against a beautiful backdrop of open fields and rolling hills. As it is only a two seater, I can only take one of my six grandchildren at a time (great!) allowing us to spend quality time together. It's the dog's turn next and, as he is very large, I have bought an awning for him to sleep in - we won't both fit in the Romahome bed! I have done a mini tour of the Cotswolds and plan to venture further afield to Norfolk in October. I can't wait to set off again - especially as my husband thinks I'm mad and refuses to come along with me, all the more room for me and no housework!!PS. I passed another Romahome C15 on the way to the Forest of Dean, the driver and passenger were energetically waving to us, so I'd like to say 'Hello!'

Hello Shaynes & welcome. It sounds like you are having a great time in your little camper. We are in Essex and will be at the Polestead c&cc site in Suffolk on Sept 3&4 so if you near, then your welcome to come along.

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you Pendel! I am arranging hubbie's birthday party that weekend, but hope to meet up with fellow members in the future. I like to travel alone and have the freedom to do as I please - but it's nice to know that there are others around for a drink and chat when on site together, I am looking forward to that.

Comment

Welcome Shaynes Here's hoping for many happy trips with your grandchildren.

Di.

Comment

Thank you Di. It's lovely to take the grandchildren - but I'm also looking forward to going out more on my own - lazy days mooching around, walking, sleeping and reading - bliss!!

Comment

Hi Shaynes,
            welcome to the family.I suggest you join the Romaclub its cheap and they have lots of rallys and there are loads of lone campers just like you,also we have meets and rallys and you are very very welcome to come,so come on,its lovely here.

Ian
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Ian, thanks for info. I have printed off the Roma Club application form and will be sending it off shortly. It seems that there are quite a few 'empty nesters' who suddenly have the freedom to go off on little adventures. I can't believe how excited I get when browsing through the C&CC book, looking for new places to stay! Something else I have discovered is how useful my little Roma is when visiting events or festivals as I did recently; instead of spending a fortune on fast food vans, I was able to sit and have a cup of tea, cook a lunch and have a quick nap during a shower of rain before returning to the festival for the rest of the afternoon, brilliant!

Comment

The Roma is amazing , so versatile. We use ours as a day van when we are out metal detecting. You cant beat a fresh made cuppa & slice of cake. Its especially pleasing when your travelling and get stuck in slow moving traffic. You can pull into a layby & have a brew. The looks on passing motists faces as they see you standing there with a hot cuppa in your hand is classic

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
                  The Roma is amazing , so versatile. We use ours as a day van when we are out metal detecting. You cant beat a fresh made cuppa & slice of cake. Its especially pleasing when your travelling and get stuck in slow moving traffic. You can pull into a layby & have a brew. The looks on passing motists faces as they see you standing there with a hot cuppa in your hand is classic
                  Absolutely! We had a phone call from someone who 'hoped it was a convenient time to ring' - very polite! They sounded a tad surprised when I replied in the affirmative, adding that we were in a layby cooking up some pasta to eat....And very nice it was too!

My neighbours have started comenting how I keep disappearing for days at a time, on my own...tee hee. There are times when it is lovely to wander independently - wherever and whenever you want. Hey, there's a lot to be said for this retirement thing! As long as there's enough money for the diesel and any camping fees.
                  Last edited by NomadSue; 31-08-2011, 19:25. Reason: extra comment
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X