This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again from North Yorkshire

Hello and many thanks to all for the welcome a few weeks ago. I posted when I was looking round for a Fiat Doblo campervan and I am happy to say I have found a real beauty.:so happy:

I journeyed to Worcester for my new van and had a wonderful drive back to Yorkshire. Once I have bought the gas and worked out how to erect the awning I purchased I hope to attend one of your meets and maybe get some tips from the more experienced campervanner.

I look forward to meeting some of you.

Cardie51
    North Yorkshire

Excellent news! You'll be sorted in no time I'm sure but in the mean time any problems, ask away and someone on here will know the answer AND we need photo's of your new van!!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

I second everything Glen has said,you will be welcome at our meets,see you at one
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

north yorks

Originally posted by Cardie51 View Post
        Hello and many thanks to all for the welcome a few weeks ago. I posted when I was looking round for a Fiat Doblo campervan and I am happy to say I have found a real beauty.:so happy:

I journeyed to Worcester for my new van and had a wonderful drive back to Yorkshire. Once I have bought the gas and worked out how to erect the awning I purchased I hope to attend one of your meets and maybe get some tips from the more experienced campervanner.

I look forward to meeting some of you.

Cardie51
        North Yorkshire
        ware are u we in northallerton if we can help u any time let ose no diggdeep

Comment

My maiden voyage

Hello again

I am in Scarborough and this week-end I am embarking on my first trip in my Doblo 'Fabian' I am going to Skipton which is close and a campsite with all facilities.

I can make use of the hookup to try out the electrics on board as well as trying out the battery and gas. As the weather forecast is good, I am taking the new awning which is supposedly a one man operation. We shall see and if I cant handle it I shall be sending it back.

Only when I feel confident in using all the gadgets will I then embark on an off campsite meet. I am sure there will be fireworks trying out the awning but it will be fun and I am looking forward to it.

Thank you for your welcomes and I shall be posting the outcome of my maiden voyage

Comment

Have a great weekend in your new van, the weather is going to be fantastic so it's a good weekend to try it out.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Enjoy your weekend and good luck with the awning Let us know how you get on.

Di.
              Last edited by di allen; 28-09-2011, 07:23. Reason: spelling!!

Comment

Hi and welcome.

I know Scarborough well. My mothers family came from the area and I did my teacher training there many years ago. There are a lot of campsites around the area where you could go to try things out in case you forget something vital and need to go home to collect it. Every time we have changed campers we have slept on the drive at home to make sure that we have got everything right.

Peter

Comment

Hello

Someone from the north - yeeeees! Keep in touch and let the few of us up here know if you are venturing northwards. :so happy:

Comment

Beautiful north yorkshire one of my favorite places, been six times this year, will be going in a few weeks again for the halloween festivities, on a local DA, and will be in Scarborough in january, have a wonderfull time in your new van.

nightowl

Comment

Hi I'm not to far away in Cleethorpes, often venture up that way, love York, Scarborough, Bridlington, Whitby area, enjoy your new van, great weather for a test run
                      Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                      'Live without regrets'

Comment

Wonderful North

Be brave!
                        Point that van north and come and experience the vibrant atmosphere of Newcastle-shops, theatres, night life, Sage music house, quayside, and then head to tranquil Northumberland with its rugged countryside, quiet beaches and peaceful surroundings.:bicycle:

Comment

A beautiful part of the country, but should we really be advertising it? Other people, southerners, might come and find those beautiful beaches in Northumberland, the lovely Dales of Yorkshire, etc. Oops, have I done my bit to spill the secret as well?

Seriously, welcome to the forum.

Perhaps we will end up having a few more northern 'meets', Northumberland / Yorkshire being great places to start, beautiful whatever the weather.
                          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

OK I will give it serious thought,do you have any ideas for a nice venue,must have hard standing,I know all about the weather up there,EHU, toilets and showers,the gang will want to spend at least a week to offset the long journey from civilisation,and interesting things close by,a pub,shops? walks if you must,steam trains?

june or july.

Ian

bonum vitae est relaxare
                            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi good folks, have only just joined tonight, well yesterday actually, didn't realise it's now gone midnight. I'd love to meet up 'oop norf' That's if I manage to get a campervan or a knight in any armour would pitch & strike my tent for me 'cos I'm buggered if I do it myself
                              :group hug:

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X