This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, Beau here from Manchester :-)

Just bought a Daihatsu Hijet EFI 1.0, to convert in to my first small motor home! just got to get it to actually start up first tho before we can start working on her, fingers crossed all goes well, and she becomes the little motorhome i have in my mind.

Hi Beau

Welcome to the forum, you'll get lots of tips on here from people who have converted similar vans. Keep us up to date with your progress.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

welcome

hi from north yorks nice to see more cumming on line u sae u have to get it stared if i was you put a new set spark plugs in first i had one tuck spare set with me that was on a old model good look diggdeep (tom)

Comment

twin1

Welcome

Comment

Hidihi

Welcome to the forum Beau, getsome before and after pics for the site I'm sure it will look great finished, even if it doesn't actually go ha

Comment

Welcome to the forum Beau.
            If it's been standing for a while the petrol can go stale.
            Take the air filter off and give it a squirt of easy start to see if it splutters to life. I prefer the Carplan version of easy start if you can get hold of it as it dosen't seem to make the engine knock the same.
            Good luck and tell us how you get on

Comment

Thanks everyone :-) i am glad i have joined this site, and hope to become part of it

Thanks for all your hello's and welcomes, and i will definately use the advice i have been given :-), fingers crossed she will start up tommorow when the mechanic spends a bit of time on her, i will get some before and after pics and post them as she hopefully progresses, but me and my family are all keen to get her spik and span and on the road, with a few added personal touches :-) you all will be sure to recognise me if you see me out and about he he:so happy:

Comment

Hello Beau and welcome,
                It sounds like an interesting project,there are several self builders here,Im sure you will get loads of ideas,Good luck with the build.
                Ian
                Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hello Beau and welcome to the forum,
                  Before and after photo's would be a great idea,
                  Then if you have any questions or help, idea's we can see what your talking about!
                  There are lots of happy people on these forums with a wealth of knowledge,
                  "Don't be shy come on down":so happy:
                  Regards
                  Pete
                  If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Ideas and designs welcome

if anyone has any ideas or designs the would work in a Daihatsu Hijet, please feel free to email them to me, basically i want it as a day/night van, for two people, sofas that turn in to beds would be great, with storage, space for a camper khaze (loo) which i have already, and maybe a set of drawers,for food, plates, water bottle etc, work surface aream that can be used for washing, but also as a work surface, i plan to do my cooking outside, unless i really need to cook inside, but i have a normal single hob camping cooker, i dont know if i am planning too much to squeeze into a small space but well have to see, mostly, comfy sleeping area for two, and storage.
                    The van has windows all the way round, and a sliding side door on each side. i have removed the seats from the back, so its just a two seater with the rest open at the moment, it doesnt have a pop top as i want to put a roof rack on for my kayak.

Comment

Various professional converters used this type of van whether Diahatsu or Bedford/Suzuki and so there are many photos out there on the internet to give you ideas

Peter

Comment

Hi there niece and welcome to the very friendly forum!!

Can't wait to see your 'bubble' up and running

Comment

Food for thought

Hi,
                          A converted van images here,
                          http://www.adoos.co.uk/picsx/aa37342...1856711d63d9b6
                          Regards
                          If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Hello, Beau and welcome to the forum from a dampish Ashton u Lyne [about 7 miles E of Manchester city centre.] Looking forward to seeing your 'before' and 'after' photos.

Di.

Comment

Hi Beau, from the other side of Manchester - also damp and cold. Good luck with the conversion.
                              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X