As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from the Mini man

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from the Mini man

Hi everybody.
    I've only just joined and I thought I'd better introduce myself. I live in West Berkshire and I've been caravaning for about 20 years. Although it's not a small motorhome, I've just bought myself a Romini to tow behind a classic Mini Mayfair.
    We took the Romini away a couple of times and have had a great time in it. When its behind my Mini it's like driving a 38ton truck loaded to 45tons! it only just comes within the maximum permissible towing weight but as long as I don't load it with to much kit it'll be o.k.
    I was looking for one of these for a while and found this one in Belgium, within 48 hours of seeing the add, it was outside my place. It's in quite good nick, the only thing I'll have to change is the mains outlets as all the sockets are european. The stripes were missing and I've put all new ones on to match the car.
    Hope that I can be a useful member to the forum.

Peter
    Attached Files

Wow one of those sweet little caravans.. a warm welcome to the forum. You must get chatting to Two Litre who also has a romini and compare notes.

Comment

Nice outfit,welcome to the family,I look forward to meeting you.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Pete, welcome to the forum, you are in good company, nice combination, hope you can join us some time at a rally.

Nightowl

Comment

Welcome Pete

Great to see another Romini towed by a classic car, you and twolitre will no doubt be comparing notes.

Thanks for joining.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Great looking Romini, bet you have fun camping with it. Do you get much interest in it from other campers on the sites?
            You'll find everyone here really friendly and happy to share experiences and knowledge.

Di.

Comment

Hi peter!

I nearly had to go abroad to get the caravan I wanted - it's a dutch Kip! Ended up paying less here (but still a lot of money for what I actually got!), for a very inferior 'shed' that I had to do up. I would have been better off going to Holland and getting one in the same way you have. I think the continent have far stricter rules about general caravan safety than we do here, I know in Holland they have to have a sort of 'MOT' each year to prove they are safe to use!

Mine also had continental two pin sockets. I had a mobile engineer out to put in a new consumer unit and three-pin plugs, and also a fridge. He checked the electrics (which were live all the time) and gas and he also had to replace all the gas pipes as they had perished. Mine was a death trap when I bought it goodness knows what might have happened if I had taken the seller at his word and gone camping in it as it stood!

Have to say, after spending a lot more money over the past couple of years, it's now all good.

Comment

Welcome Pete you and twolitre will have experiences to share I'm sure, outfit looks good, happy camping. :so happy:
                Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                  Welcome Pete you and twolitre will have experiences to share I'm sure, outfit looks good, happy camping. :so happy:
                  Hey! Why am I being picked out?
                  There are getting to be quite a gang of Romini owners on here. Mostly, going by the pictures, with better specimens than me. Not that I do not enjoy mine immensely.
                  Maybe, one day, mine will not be the only Romini at a meet?
                  Welcome Pete. Hope we meet up sometime. Though I live a long way from you.
                  Jim (AKA Twolitre).
                  Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hi Pete, we are Mini enthusiast aswell.
                    This is Mutley the Mini. We have a friend called Chris who has just purchased a Eriba puck, its tiny but superb and he uses his Mini to tow it about
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hubcap View Post
                      We have a friend called Chris who has just purchased a Eriba puck, its tiny but superb and he uses his Mini to tow it about
                      I love those Eriba's if ever we went back to tin tent tugging we would probably get one of those.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Hubcap View Post
                        Hi Pete, we are Mini enthusiast aswell.
                        This is Mutley the Mini. We have a friend called Chris who has just purchased a Eriba puck, its tiny but superb and he uses his Mini to tow it about
                        Now that is what I call a "pretty" Mini. Along with the Riley badged one.
                        I have enjoyed ownership of three ordinary Minis (not that I ever considered Minis "ordinary"). One from brand new, which at Easter 1960 stopped everyone in their tracks and several times nearly caused accidents as other motorists ogled it.
                        Jim.
                        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

mini

Welcome from another Romini ownner. I initially towed my Romini with a Fiat Panda1.1. It did do the job but I felt I needed a bit more umph. So my tow car is now a Nissan Qashqai and I don't even know the van os there anymore. Welcome to the forum

Pam

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X